New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Which is more effective in terms of POWER, FC? The conventional AT or the CVT. Im torn between getting the 1.5 AT version of the new Honda City, the 08 CVT of Mitsubishi or the AT of Vios.

The prices are almost the same, but I want to check if which is which. Any feedback appreciated please. Thanks.

cvt parin pinaka efficient.. but honda dropped its cvt because of the headaches of normal wear and tear ng cvt nila.. and most of the owners dont even know that ATF is not the same as CVT-fluid!

sa case naman ng mitsubishi, matitibay naman mga cvts nila...

basta remember READ THE MANUAL at wag ka padala sa SA's na pinagpipilitang ang CVT-fluid at ATF ay iisa lang... heck even ATF may mga types din, di lahat parepareho

go lancer di ka magsisisi

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fuel efficiency, the CVT is technically, the best. Honda's problem with their CVT was the clutch packs. Mitsubishi's is, as far as I know, torque converter based, just like an ordinary automatic.

Honda's 5-speed AT is better than Toyota's 4-speed AT, but both the City and the Vios have very good fuel consumption. The reason to go for the Honda 5-speed is the better acceleration performance.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I see. How about acceleration of CVT? How long does it take to reach 100kph. The Mitsu SA I talked to said, that the RPM of CVT doesnt drop down compared with conventional CVT. Does it mean you'll rake t0 3000 to 4000 continously until you reached your desired speed when driving and maintain that RPM so you'll maintain too the speed you want?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hhhmmmm that is interesting and I have not really observed it.....

7505:bravo:

kaya nga di masyado baba ang rpm ng naka-cvt kasi it has infinite number of ratio between low and high gear.

the 6-speed or 7 speed you see are just "virtual gears" to give you a feeling of conventional geared tranny.

ang main advantage ng cvt is-- you're always in the right gear! but kung di ka sanay/baguhan ka sa cvt, gasoline engine pa... you'll get a feeling na you're driving a bump-car/golf car.

every car differs in their cruising speed mainly due to gear ratio. pero all cars have the general rule--maintain your rpm, and you'll maintain speed.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sir CVT, what's ur car? Pa notice naman po and paki post what you observed How about FC? What's the conservative computation? Thanks..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    meyor, go for honda city...di ka magsisisi.

just follow the maintenance and dont abuse the car tatagal ang cvt just like any other type of tranny....

Conventional AT or CVT