New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi guys! I'm planning to buy my 1st car in the next one to 2 months.

Due to limited budget, I decided to buy a Honda City (same as what I was driving before [company owned]).

Can you help me compare the features between the Honday 1.3 & 1.5 (AT only)? Also, what would be better in terms of money value?

Thanks in advance.

Mikoy

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Neither engine is particularly quick in A/T form. The programming of the transmission just saps the power away...which is a shame because the 1.3L engine is a lot gutsier than most would think, and really shines with a manual gearbox. But that auto 'box just seems intent on strangling the engine.

Engine aside, the only thing I'd miss on the bigger-engined model would be the stock Modulo wheels and fog lights.
    Last edited by Type 100; August 2nd, 2010 at 01:06 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The 1.5E variant has the following differences over the 1.3S variant:
    1. engine
    2. mags
    3. has foglamps
    4. has signal lights on the side view mirrors
    5. center console
    6. leather for steering wheel
    7. seat fabric - double stitch, I think
    8. door handles

I think the 1.5E is value for money...

10.5K:band:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I think mas malakas yata sa gas ang 1.3 A/T

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. Seems more on form is the advantage of 1.5E vs 1.3. And with the small price difference, its better to get the 1.5E.

Now, I need to find a dealer. Thanks again guys! :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slalom View Post
    I think mas malakas yata sa gas ang 1.3 A/T
    During highway driving, IMO. Better power to weight ratio on the 1.5E.....

10.5K:band:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, the 1.5 AT is pretty quick when you flog it... (timed a 1.5 Jazz... faster than a 1.5 MT Vios against the clock)... it's just that the midrange is kind of weak, and the cruising gears are rather long... which means when you're not driving balls-out, it can feel somewhat sluggish.

The 1.3 is just horribly matched to the automatic transmission. It's a very powerful engine for a 1.3 (the 0-100 times are pretty good), but the lack of midrange grunt is even more pronounced.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I owned a 1.3 engine AT, medyo sluggish yung arangkada niya and paakyat din, but pag nakakuha na nang bwelo matulin na siya. What more if you have 1.5, we had a Baguio trip using a toyota vios 1.5 AT anim kaming sakay niya and kayang kaya niya.....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    OT: How I wish na merong 1.5 M/T yung City. Kung meron sana, yun na ang kinuha namin.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    tama yan sir, if kaya naman ng budget, get the 1.5 variant. fog lamps, paddle shifters, air bags, etc...value for money talaga

and while you are at it, visit this site... http://www.hondacityclubph.com

HTH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Compare Honda City 1.3 and 1.5 (automatic)