New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    im presently choosing between the 2. The exalta has 54T km reading, 2001 top of the line model at P235T while civic vti 99 have 70T km at P290T. In terms of physical look, performance, maintenance, FC and other ameneties, please help me choose? Thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    IMO, it would be better if you could afford the Honda civic * 290k. It'll be worth the purchase. Even if dated, it will not look that old, and the ride would still be that nice.
    If you could still negotiate the price, then it'll be good. The value and the resale value of the civic won't let you down. Just be sure it's not a lemon.
    On the other hand, Exalta don't have the same value for the money. It would have the same riding comfort and drive feel as the Civic but the total impact won't be that much. Also, the resale value after some times will depreciate more than the civic. Good luck.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill go for the civic in an instant basta alaga pa ng mayari...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Pag nissan kasi medyo may kamahalan ang maintenance so I would have to choose civic.. I agree with feeter, just be sure it's not a lemon. Bring a mechanic with you when inspecting the vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daneklog View Post
    im presently choosing between the 2. The exalta has 54T km reading, 2001 top of the line model at P235T while civic vti 99 have 70T km at P290T. In terms of physical look, performance, maintenance, FC and other ameneties, please help me choose? Thanks a lot.

exalta, tapos ung sukli na 55 thousand from buying a civic repair and repaint tapos upholster ng interior,

i just think that civics are over priced and over hyped cars, fan bois has already dictated the cars real value, sure there reliable but so are nissan sentra.

as far as maintenance goes "THIS ARE ALL ECONO SEDANS" dont expect repair bills the same as BMW,

as for parts just visit www.nissanbayan.com they can help you source parts wayyyyyyyy cheaper than casa

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ive been a member of nissanbayan for quite awhile, had a nissan b13 b4. for a civic, hindi ko pa natry sumakay nor gumamit. the last vehicle i used was an Isuzu Dmax. Whatever ill choose here, resale value is not a big factor.. im considering this one as posted in NB : http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2605281 i do love theinterior elegance of an exalta too.

the car will not also be a daily driven one, will only be used on long drive lang.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Assuming both cars are equally in good condition, test drive both and see from there. If I were the one choosing, My first priority would be whichever car is in better condition. Next would be ride and comfort.

One of my best buds gave up his 99' Civic for a 2000 Exalta after he test drove the Nissan. Though I own a Nissan, I did not influence him in any way. Gulat na lang ako when he announced that he'll be buying this Exalta he checked out due to its soft and comfortable ride.

I believe that depreciation does not vary much between 2nd hand cars. If you buy the Exalta at 235k and the Civic at 290k, and assuming you sell them in 3-4years, should the Civic drop 30k from the acquired price, then the Exalta would have dropped no more than the same amount.

We have had a number of different cars, when it comes to parts, it depends on how resourceful you are in sourcing the items that you need, and you always get what you pay for.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i guess i need to go deeper into the units, ill sched a test drive this weekend for me to choose which one of them.

O.T. Zman, we met before in Nissan Commonwealth, EB ng NB.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by daneklog View Post
    i guess i need to go deeper into the units, ill sched a test drive this weekend for me to choose which one of them.

O.T. Zman, we met before in Nissan Commonwealth, EB ng NB.
    Yun naman pala eh, Nissan by default. j/l

But seriously, my non-biased opinion would be, to go with which ever car is in better shape, then factor in which one feels better to drive.

Happy hunting!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Although I love Honda. Mas practical to get the Nissan in this scenario since its already a 2nd hand car and P50K is a big deal, if it was brand new without a shadow of a doubt I would go for the Civic. But of course as the others mentioned you still have to view the car by its merits....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Civic VTI 99 or Nissan Exalta 01