New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Which is better in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance?

What is the FC of Vios and VTI?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcristobal View Post
    Which is better in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance?

What is the FC of Vios and VTI?

Thanks!
    Fuel consumption and maintainance cost ----> Toyota Vios.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Vios malamang. If in manual form, expect around 10.5-11 km/L in moderate to heavy city driving conditions. Pag AT, nasa 10. The Civic VTI AT probably gets, at best, 8.5 km/L. 9 for the manual under the same conditions.

The Vios is probably the most practical car in the secondhand market today.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I own a 1.5g a/t 06 vios and i can get 9-10 city driving, in terms of maintenance for a 6 year old car no major repairs so far, just normal maintenance on wear and tear

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Fuel consumption and maintenance cost goes to the Vios. The 1.5 is pretty fast too, and it has all the safety features like airbags and ABS/EBD. Yun nga lang, materials feel rather cheap and its quite cramped inside, which doesn't sit well with me. If you're getting a Civic, get the VTi-S wherein all the safety features are present. But between the two, I'd still prefer the Civic. Looks, space, quality and performance score big time here.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Fuel consumption and maintenance cost goes to the Vios. The 1.5 is pretty fast too, and it has all the safety features like airbags and ABS/EBD. Yun nga lang, materials feel rather cheap and its quite cramped inside, which doesn't sit well with me. If you're getting a Civic, get the VTi-S wherein all the safety features are present. But between the two, I'd still prefer the Civic. Looks, space, quality and performance score big time here.
    The Vios 1.5G in AT form isn't fast. The transmission isn't really slow (it actually downshifts quicker than the 4-AT of a 2.0 Altis), but it saps a lot of power from the engine. For city driving it's not really bad, but flat-out acceleration isn't impressive, nowhere near that of the MT Vios that others praise (I've only flogged a 1.5 AT Vios, haven't tried the MT so I can't comment how much of a difference there is between MT and AT).

Civic VTI '05 or Vios 1.5G '06