New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    pasensya na i know this is like comparing apples with oranges but im into value for money since the civic a/t is now only at 670,000 against the city cvt 579,000. i guess they lower the lxi to compete with the vios and since it will be just our spare/color coding car what would you suggest for me to buy.

thnx n more power

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are bent on either having the civic or city as your spare car, here's my 2 cents...

is the P100K difference between them significant to you? if so, then go with the city! it has more goodies than the base civic to boot... plus as you said, it is just a spare car...

OT:

if you really want a decent spare car, why not shop around for 2nd hand models of the civic, or any sedan for that matter. try gunning for a year 2000 model or above so that it'll still have that fresh feel. with the recent tax adjustment that was made, 2nd hand prices of sedans will also drop...

if you are really bent on a bnew car, why not consider the other worthy alternatives out there? as for me, am particularly intrested in the hyundai matrix... which is feature packed and is spacious... or a ford lynx 1.3L, which is really dirt cheap and has really nice hubcaps to go with the steel rims...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    agree ako kay mazda mazda.. u dont need something new for an alternative car...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    yup i agree with mazdamazda and odell....pero kun para sa akin...go get the city...at least it's cheaper...
    or kun altrnative car lang go get the vios 1.3 E ....around 525k lang yata e

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I will go with the City or a Vios. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Those who want to buy a Honda City... I would suggest a test drive (not test ride) before deciding because the suspension is a bit stiff. Lowering the pressure of the tires helped slightly but not enough. It also would result in premature tire wear and increased fuel consumption.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    for a 2nd, color-coding, alternative car .. I'll get a city or a vios

kasi ang main car na gagamitin mo eh yung favorite car mo naman

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to tsikot..

i'll go with the city..(or vios)..

pero ok din yung suggestion na second hand car..
    mas mura. ;)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    matibay kaya ang city? I'm driving a civic and I have no problems naman sa gas etc..ayos ang porma, actually minsan i thought civic ang city. maganda ba ang city for a girl? or civic? i want to impress my crush, his x is driving a city, and i am driving a civic, which is better?

Civic vs. City