New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    i think the TS is trying to compare the newest model civic type-rr(mugen) with 260HP against the latest EVO-X
    if thats the case..that two cars might be a closer comparison.even with the civic still having lower HP than the EVO...the civic is alot lighter than the EVO-x so it might actually give the EVO a run for its money.
    Mismatch pa rin kahit gamitin mo yung Mugen Double-R.

You can't compare cars with just HP output alone.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well some people just love to compare civic to anything and everything out there.. cant blame them.. mas affordable nga yun civic. pang aspirational talaga :P

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The Evo X may have a 200-300 kg penalty over the FD2 Type R, but come on, it's not as if that's all pork fat. Much of that goes into the 4WD system, the torque-vectoring Super AYC/ACD differentials and the newfangled twin-clutch SST tranny if so fitted. All those alphabet-soup contraptions make the Evo X the quick, darty machine that it is.

Like I said, if you really want to beat an Evo X, turn your eyes to a JDM Impreza WRX STi. "Best Motoring" did in its June 2007 video issue. The new Scooby superhatch in JDM form out-drags, outsprints and outmaneuvers the Evo X, even with its trick double-clutch tranny. No such luck for the Yanks though.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ^ Correction: The Scooby vs. Evo X battle was filmed in the "Best Motoring" February 2008 video issue.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    The Evo X may have a 200-300 kg penalty over the FD2 Type R, but come on, it's not as if that's all pork fat. Much of that goes into the 4WD system, the torque-vectoring Super AYC/ACD differentials and the newfangled twin-clutch SST tranny if so fitted. All those alphabet-soup contraptions make the Evo X the quick, darty machine that it is.

Like I said, if you really want to beat an Evo X, turn your eyes to a JDM Impreza WRX STi. "Best Motoring" did in its June 2007 video issue. The new Scooby superhatch in JDM form out-drags, outsprints and outmaneuvers the Evo X, even with its trick double-clutch tranny. No such luck for the Yanks though.
    Fly STI fly! saw that vid, it's not even close. that STI even outperformed the EvoIX. hope they'll bring that JDM STI here in our shores.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    Fly STI fly! saw that vid, it's not even close. that STI even outperformed the EvoIX. hope they'll bring that JDM STI here in our shores.
    I think the 2.0 liter JDM Impreza STI with a twin-scroll Turbo is only made in RHD form.
    We'll most likely get the slightly heavier export market 2.5 liter Impreza STI with a single-scroll turbo similar to the ones recently launched in North America, Australia and Europe.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I think the 2.0 liter JDM Impreza STI with a twin-scroll Turbo is only made in RHD form.
    We'll most likely get the slightly heavier export market 2.5 liter Impreza STI with a single-scroll turbo similar to the ones recently launched in North America, Australia and Europe.
    Yep, unfortunately for Pinoy Evo X-baiters the 2.5L Scooby superhatch isn't as super as its JDM 2.0L cousin.

Road & Track already pitted these two rally reps against each other. Despite carrying more HP and torque, the LHD 2.5L Scooby can't match the Evo X on the strip or circuit, although they say it's the better everyday car of the two.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    uuhhhh... not a match categorically? EVOs, and STIs are in the higher notch of the food chain.

When I'm still in the states the more popular match of the Civic Si (the Type R version in the U.S), is the Sentra SE-R.. lalo na during the time of the B15, where at a time it even surpassed the Civic Si as the tuner favorite in compacts. That explains the appearance of B15s on video games.
    Hey don't forget the Volkswagen GTi, it's also usually compared together w/ the Sentra SE-R to the Civic Si in the west. They are the Si's natural rivals.

EvoX would be my choice here...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    AWD and rally heritage > VTEC and crappy body paint.

Thus sayeth the Mitsu fanboy.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 13th, 2008 at 10:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Yep, unfortunately for Pinoy Evo X-baiters the 2.5L Scooby superhatch isn't as super as its JDM 2.0L cousin.

Road & Track already pitted these two rally reps against each other. Despite carrying more HP and torque, the LHD 2.5L Scooby can't match the Evo X on the strip or circuit, although they say it's the better everyday car of the two.
    It's no big loss considering most buyers of STi's in the US rarely ever go to the track. The better everyday composure is much more important than that small performance disadvantage from the JDM version.

And for those who wants to do a semblance of racing, they're never happy with the stock STi's performance, anyway. Most go straight to the tuning shop. Case in point, my friend whose (previous gen) STi went straight from the dealership to the tuning shop he works at. His STi's up to 550hp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Civic Type-r VS Mitsubishi Evo X???