New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Need help over choosing which car. I know these cars are not of the same category. But both friend of mine are offering a 2nd hand units. These are the FD 2009 1.8s MT priced at 490k and the Tucson 2011 GL MT at 550k. I want practicality and reliability and ease of maintenance. Mostly for city use lang. Is it a wise choice to still go for the civic or the newer tucson nalang?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    question is, what is your requirement in a vehicle?

will you need higher ground clearance for flood or do you want porma? do you need a sedan or so you need a bigger car for your travels?

up to you but it depends on what you need.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would still go for the Civic.
    mas maganda ang driving comfort nya eh.
    but then, i would agree with sirkosero.... would you need a higher ground clearance?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i would still go for the Civic.
    mas maganda ang driving comfort nya eh.
    but then, i would agree with sirkosero.... would you need a higher ground clearance?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Thank you for this. I'm sold on getting the civic already. I wont be needing much of the ground clearance since we live on a less flooded area. just occasional trips on a less paved roads.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by reeze13 View Post
    Thank you for this. I'm sold on getting the civic already. I wont be needing much of the ground clearance since we live on a less flooded area. just occasional trips on a less paved roads.
    previously owned both civic (2007) and tucson (2010) but both in A/T. actually had less problems with the tucson compared to the FD. comparable fuel consumption. same resale value (percentage wise). the tucson is more utilitarian lang. the FD i would say has more comfortable seats.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    I've heard 06 to 07 FD are quite problematic. But beyond that especially the MMC are already reliable. I am buying the MMC FD by the way. Both cars have almost 3 yrs gap but have almost the same resale value. I would still go for the civic due to comfort in driving as you previously mentioned since i will be using it for home to office vice versa only. Thank you.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    We have a 2010 1.8S AT and a 2012 Tucson 2.0 CRDi AT. Both are perky and fun to drive. Its a matter of preference if you want a low or high rider. Of course the diesel Tucson has better FC.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Tucson ata na tinutukoy ni ts ay gas. Kasi gl mt e

9. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Tucson ata na tinutukoy ni ts ay gas. Kasi gl mt e
    Ah ok my mistake. In that case the FC is just about the same.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    In terms of maintenance cost, does the civic FD have the advantage over the tucson or are they relatively the same?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast