New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    honda ako yun nga lang A/T. correction cant consider honda 2.0 as sports version imagine the tranny... hayyy... altis ka na lang..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by blitz
    I know for a fact that i-VTEC and VVTi are different. I know that the i-VTEC has valve lift while the VVTi has not. ang comparable sa i-VTEC ng Honda is the VVTi-L of Toyota. Wala pa akong alam na vehicles ng Toyata dito sa Pinas that has this engine. In terms of technological engines, always ahead and Honda kaysa sa Toyota.
    yep the VVTL-i is only available in the Lexus Engines.

As for the gas guzzling issue medyo cdi pa rin sure kung ganun nga talaga mileage nya. I rmember mbt posting a 5-6km/L on his CR-V. Some HCP CRV owners naman report an ave. of 7km/L.

7Km/L is just right for a 2.0L engine IMHO. my non VTEC B20B Gen1 CRV averages arounf 7.5km/L

Malay natin sa civic with a lighter body baka mag improve naman mileage nya.

Going back to topic... between the 2 I'd go for the Civic 2.0 medyo di ko pa rin gusto yung tall boy stance ng current rolla. Sana in a few years meron na ilabas na M/T version nyan.

malay natin in the future we'll here about Engine swaps like the Integra Type R engine or Civic Type R engine in a Civic sedan.

Sa US naman nabasa ko noon may Corolla Altis body with the 180hp Celica engine!

in a few years yan na magiging staple engine swaps just like the swaps of today using B series engines and 4AGE engines

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let's get this straighten a bit, as I'm also confused. :D

Same?
    VVTi = Corolla Altis
    VTEC = Previous Civic engines

Not included from previous list:
    VVTL-i = Lexus (imported)
    i-VTEC = 2.0L Civic

So basically they are almost the same principle self adjusting variable speed valve cam shafts? What's the difference between i-VTEC/VVTL-i and VTEC/VVTi? :confused:
    Last edited by Ungas; March 3rd, 2004 at 07:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Supierreman
    yep the VVTL-i is only available in the Lexus Engines.

As for the gas guzzling issue medyo cdi pa rin sure kung ganun nga talaga mileage nya. I rmember mbt posting a 5-6km/L on his CR-V. Some HCP CRV owners naman report an ave. of 7km/L.

7Km/L is just right for a 2.0L engine IMHO. my non VTEC B20B Gen1 CRV averages arounf 7.5km/L

Malay natin sa civic with a lighter body baka mag improve naman mileage nya.

Going back to topic... between the 2 I'd go for the Civic 2.0 medyo di ko pa rin gusto yung tall boy stance ng current rolla. Sana in a few years meron na ilabas na M/T version nyan.

malay natin in the future we'll here about Engine swaps like the Integra Type R engine or Civic Type R engine in a Civic sedan.

Sa US naman nabasa ko noon may Corolla Altis body with the 180hp Celica engine!

in a few years yan na magiging staple engine swaps just like the swaps of today using B series engines and 4AGE engines
    5-6km/liter for the matic (according to my officemates) tapos 7-8km/liter for the manual trannies (like our crv) ;)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    cibik parin este civic. maganda talaga quality ng honda and great after sales service.

may regrets ako sa yota ko dahil sa aftersales service ng toyota. shud have kept the civic. Kaso hilux yung akin kya ok lang na di casa mgpagawa.

btw.. ang dami na talagang altis na taxi sa cagayan de oro. Meron ngang 2004 altis taxi with all those projector lamps and led rear tailights.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Guess what is CNN choice for the 2004 best economy car?

http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/bestcars/

Its not a Honda, in fact none of the other best cars are a Honda.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    wheelieboi:btw.. ang dami na talagang altis na taxi sa cagayan de oro. Meron ngang 2004 altis taxi with all those projector lamps and led rear tailights.
    no kidding? e ung makina nila 1.6L/1.8L? medyo odd choice lang kc coz the usual toyota taxis are 1.3L...tipid sa gas

do they have fleet pricing ba for the altis?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    wheelieboi:btw.. ang dami na talagang altis na taxi sa cagayan de oro. Meron ngang 2004 altis taxi with all those projector lamps and led rear tailights.

Sir baka po sa thailand yung sinasabi nyo, cousin ko kasi from cagayan de oro sya, sabi nya sakin hindi pa naman daw ganun dun, meron din daw honda na mga taxi dun, takot daw kasi yung ibang honda dealers dun na sitahin yung mga nag tataxi ng mga cars nila =)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Im from cdo. And sorry to tell you man but yes ang dami ng Altis 1.6J. 1 franchise has at least 9 units na 2003, tapos yung isang franchise has 3 2004 1.6 Js din. Wala na atang gustong sumakay ng nissan sentra. Lahat naghahanap ng altis.

ps. if i can, ill post pix of the taxis...soon...

astig dun ah, daig pa manila...

Civic 2.0 or Corolla Altis 1.8G