New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Came up with 2 choices after looking over most vehicles in the market within budget. Design and specs wise both fit my taste. Will be an extra vehicle with primary use for school service.(hatid/sundo ng bata). My concerns are...

Civic:
    1. No rear aircon vents
    2. Low flood fording capability

Tucson:
    1. Durability
    2. Parts availability

Thoughts, opinions, comments?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I always prefer a sedan for a daily car. The Civic 1.8E is already past the 1M price so it would be wiser to get the cheaper 1.8S as it is the same as the 1.8E but with lesser features. A different brand of compact (like a Toyota Altis, Mazda 3, Nissan Sylphy, Mitsubishi Lancer, Hyundai Elantra) will be good alternatives.

If going for the Tucson, I might as well choose the Kia Sportage. It is practically the same vehicle as the Tucson but it looks better. There are a lot better CUVs in the market (Forester, CX5, CRV, RAV4) but the price is higher though.

If you are entertaining a vehicle that is primarily going to be used to ferry children to school within the price range of a compact with enough space and very reliable, I hate to say it but an Innova diesel AT will be one good choice. It doesn't have the bling factor though of a Civic or a Tucson/Sportage but it can do the job well to haul people and their luggage.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I drive a civic 1.8s AT 2010 model but bought late 2009. i normally travel 16 km daily alone with average of 7km per liter paranaque to pasay. My wife is in sales and drives a lot with her 2012 tucson 2.0 AT crdi and averages 12km per liter. With all this traffic in the city, i go for fuel economy. I do not know the fuel consumption of the gasoline variant of tucson. My experiences are:

Civic:
    1. You don't need rear vents to feel the A/C at the back. In both cars we installed suitable tint to block radiant heat.
    2. Currently going on its 5th year and with proper maintenance has been durable and reliable.
    Tucson:
    1. The brakes are noisy.
    2. There is this beeping sound that reminds you that the keys are still inserted when you turn off the car. However, ours malfunction and you need to press your finger on the key opening to deactivate it. The problem is on the key switch. You'll be disappointed with Hyundai's warranty action.
    3. Tucson's remote entry key buttons are made of rubber and are easily damaged.
    4. These are small things but used repeatedly make me hate Tucson. And considering that her Tucson is only 2 years old.
    5. Although a compact SUV, its easy to drive like a driving sedan.

I hope this helps.