New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which compact sedan should I get?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda Civic 1.8 a/t

9 30.00%
  • Hyundai Elantra 1.6 a/t

6 20.00%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 a/t

15 50.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    this is my opinion on resale of honda... If your planning to keep the car for more than 5 years then yes advantage resale. If not, then it's not a deal maker as what niky said.

almost all Hondas are just at par (relative to brand new price) with other Japanese makers up to 5 years but after that it's depreciation value slows down.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    this is my opinion on resale of honda... If your planning to keep the car for more than 5 years then yes advantage resale. If not, then it's not a deal maker as what niky said.

almost all Hondas are just at par (relative to brand new price) with other Japanese makers up to 5 years but after that it's depreciation value slows down.
    Typically I keep my cars for at least 5 years so Civic na? Hehe

Thanks sir niky fo your input. Actually I am more tempted with the Elantra coz of the good interior and exterior design. Tsaka feeling back for the buck. But most of my friends still trust Honda thats why they all prefer the Civic.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    not really... Hehe. it's just my observation when it comes to the second hand market.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Typically I keep my cars for at least 5 years so Civic na? Hehe

Thanks sir niky fo your input. Actually I am more tempted with the Elantra coz of the good interior and exterior design. Tsaka feeling back for the buck. But most of my friends still trust Honda thats why they all prefer the Civic.

I dont trust my friends pagdating sa kotse. I trust the enthusiasts and experts haha. Pareho tayo sir. pag friends ko either Civic or Altis )

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by istarbuxs View Post
    I dont trust my friends pagdating sa kotse. I trust the enthusiasts and experts haha. Pareho tayo sir. pag friends ko either Civic or Altis )
    Hehe, ako naman, never ko nagustuhan ang Altis. Nagkaroon kami noong bagong labas yan, naku po, ang tigas ng manibela!!

Guys, wala na bang mag-co-comment? I'm almost decided on the Elantra unless you can convince me not to Wala na bang kokontra?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Hehe, ako naman, never ko nagustuhan ang Altis. Nagkaroon kami noong bagong labas yan, naku po, ang tigas ng manibela!!

Guys, wala na bang mag-co-comment? I'm almost decided on the Elantra unless you can convince me not to Wala na bang kokontra?

Get the Lancer EX na..... you know naman you want it eh...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    We have similar choices and I ended up with Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLX AT been driving this car for a month now.

Advantages:
    - cheapest amongst the three (after discounts), wala na kong equity from my car plan.
    - leg and head room is very good, my passengers are often surprised by the space.
    - comes with a touchscreen head unit in which I added the GPS option (7k)
    - free iPad mini
    - it's fun and sporty to drive
    - exterior looks better for me
    - being my first car, I want something that the kid in me will like but at the same time able to handle my daily family tasks.

Disadvantages
    - Interior look is spartan and you might not like the plastic material that was used on the dash.
    - Trunk space issue is well known but it's ample enough for us. We were able to fit in a large travel bag, a stroller, and three smaller bags in it during our recent vacation. Take note, our stroller is combi lightweight/compact one; not the same one from Sir Niky's review which I think is Graco.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    actually napatingin ako sa trunk ko just now. Hindi nga papantay. at most you'll get no more than two inch depth because of the spare tire.
    Yung nakita ko sa MLPH, pantay yung pagkababa ng trunk. Pati yung mga styro na naka screw sa edges inalis kaya nagpantay. Parang nakalevel sya sa tip ng rear suspension.

Another option naman is to fold the rear seats ng Lancer. Ito kasya yung hood sa loob ng trunk, meron pang sub-woofer ng Rockford Fosgate

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pwede yung trunk space. napaisip tuloy ako to get a donut tire to get more depth. hmm... ano ba pcd ng ex?

Sundan ang puso at baka magsisi. elantra and ex are both nice cars but personally ill go for the ex.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ^ yup, nag donut spare nga yung nakita ko na lumalim yung trunk space. PCD is 5 x 114.3

Itong may hood sa loob naman, this is with the false flooring, naka-fold lang yung rear seats para magkasya yung hood

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast