New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    FYI lang ah:
    The i-DSI twin-spark system bows out of the GE-series Jazz/Fit. Both 1.3L and 1.5L engines use the same blocks, but will now run i-VTEC cylinder heads tuned for efficiency. Honda Japan now rates the Fit's 1.3L engine with the i-VTEC head at 100 HP.

I heard they also retuned the suspension, realizing the Jazz/Fit was "a little bit stiff."

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hmmm.

How much kaya ang GD Fit?
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bro,
    Ang GD Fit po yung current model Yung GE yung bago

To answer your question yung GD Fit 650-750k

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myklvncnt View Post
    Thanks for all the input. If it were up to me, I'd go for the Jazz too. But my wife doesn't like the way it looks. Anyway, the City's looks have improved a lot and the mags for the 2008 model looks better. I'll just save the extra 30k or so for a PS3

Please tell your wife that I do not agree with her.

The City's aesthetics still can't sink on me.... Well, maybe it's just me....

Pero sabi nga nila the way the City looks,- either you like it or you hate it .....

5000:boom:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    FYI lang ah:
    The i-DSI twin-spark system bows out of the GE-series Jazz/Fit. Both 1.3L and 1.5L engines use the same blocks, but will now run i-VTEC cylinder heads tuned for efficiency. Honda Japan now rates the Fit's 1.3L engine with the i-VTEC head at 100 HP.

Whew! this is not a good news for us iDSI "lean-burn" owners....

5000:boom:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Actually matipid pa rin daw ang 1.3L i-VTEC engine ng GE Jazz. Honda Japan still rates it at 24 km/L, which is pretty much the same as the i-DSI version. (Some of us already know from experience it can do much more than 24 km/L.)

Ang kapansin-pansin lang na difference ng i-VTEC head, sa torque delivery. The i-DSI twin-spark engine makes max torque at a very low 2800 RPM, so the car accelerates well from low speeds. The i-VTEC version generates max torque at ~4500 RPM...in short, more like a traditional Honda engine.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Placed our order for the car we're getting. A Jazz!

Hehehe. Too bad we've got to wait a while since there are no units available at this time. Can't wait to drive it.

I need a little help with what to inspect when we get our unit. Do I need to have somebody knowledgeable about cars with me when we get it?

I'd really appreciate it if somebody can give me a list of what to check when getting a brand new car. Thanks a bunch.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Wow. Congrats on your new ride!

Paano mo na-convince si misis? Diba City yung gusto nya? Hehehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Took a lot of convincing but it was worth it.

Actually, everybody else she talked to asked why a City and not a Jazz.

Just got to wait for the phone call from the agent.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Me and my wife will be buying a car. I wanted a 2008 1.3 city CTV, wife wants the jazz, Which is the better overall car?? And if we do decided to get the Jazz, Do you guys when the 2008 model will be coming out? coz i heard the engine is already a vtec. Please help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
City vs. Jazz