New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I'm planning to buy a new car early next year and I, actually me and my wife, have decided to buy either a City 1.5 or a Jazz 1.5. I was just wondering if there is any significant difference between in terms of suspension and handling. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Suggestion ko mag-test drive muna kayo.

One criticism of the Jazz is it has a really firm ride. I don't notice it, but my dad thinks it's one of the most "matagtag" cars he's ever ridden in.

The upside of the Jazz's firm suspension is that it really resists understeer in high speed cornering. I can enter corners much faster and keep my exit speed high. When I used to drive an old 1999 City, I made the C5-SLEX offramp turn at 65 km/h; with the Jazz it can take 80 without changing lanes.

I'm not sure how much different the suspension tuning is with the City. You should find out for yourselves and see which car treats your butts better.

Another option you may have is to wait for the all-new GE-series Jazz to come in sometime in mid-2008, and test-drive that one. (The current Jazz and City use the "GD-series" chassis.) The GE Jazz is already sold in Japan as the Fit.

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks a lot for the input. All the while I thought the City had the stiffer ride. I think I'd prefer a softer ride in lieu of better handling. We've got a lot of bad roads here in Cavite and the only place I can go high speed is coastal road which is pretty much straight the whole way. Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bro,
    If it helps, I can point you to a local Jazz & City forum. You can try your luck there...everyone in that place drives a GD.
    http://www.jazzcityunited.org

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks man,
    I haven't read all the posts in the forum yet but i got a lot of useful info.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It will all depend on your requirements and preferences. Wife and myself usually drive to work in our Jazz. We chose it over the City 3 years ago because we like the cargo that we can put in at the batch of this Great Hatch, which you can't in a regular sedan.

I remember buying a lot of electrical stuffs when we were building our 2nd house. The store helpers cannot believe it when we stacked up the back of our Jazz, with the rear seats folded with so much bulky electrical items, with a lot of room to spare. They were really amazed!.....

Also, when we moved from our old place to the new one, the Jazz carried 3 TV sets, a couple of stereos, with their speakers and other electronic stuffs at the back, again with a lot of room to spare.... I guess it's really amazing what you can do with the ULT of this Great Hatch. Our vans, pale in comparison (relatively), to the space that the Jazz can offer....

I suggest you get the Jazz, with the CVT option. Fun way to drive around. As for the ride, we're not bothered by it.... Will choose the Jazz over the City any day of the week.

Yup,- visit www.jazzcityunited.org....

5000:boom:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From driving them, it seems that the Jazz has a slightly firmer ride and better body control (because of the more compact rear end)... but that's just my impression, and I could be wrong... it's been years since I last drove a City.

You can't really go wrong with either car... the City's huge trunk makes it a practical family car (my uncle takes theirs to Bicol all the time, and loads it with lots of produce for the homeward trip...)... but if just two of you are riding, the Jazz's ULT seats make it even more capable of cargo carrying (as the others have said).

My pick would be a 1.5 MT Jazz... great toy car, great commuting car. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for all the input. If it were up to me, I'd go for the Jazz too. But my wife doesn't like the way it looks. Anyway, the City's looks have improved a lot and the mags for the 2008 model looks better. I'll just save the extra 30k or so for a PS3

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ahahaha!
    Well hitsura lang yan. Kung oddly-shaped loads ang karga mo, mas okey nga ang Jazz. I'm 5'8" and sometimes I turn the folded rear seats and cargo area into a makeshift bed when I'm really sleepy.

The City's also a good car for big loads (no one can argue with a 500L trunk, you need a Merc S-Class to match that!), it's just not as versatile as the Jazz in swallowing stuff.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    nice read nice read... im also planning to get an i-dsi jazz for my wife... took a look around honda magallanes last week and theyre out of stock delivery date is indefinite but they did say that the new jazz will be out by march!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
City vs. Jazz