New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Perhaps you can bring it to a trusted mechanic who has extensive experience with Hondas and look for the problem. Kung wala parin dalhin sa casa. Hindi kaya due to the fact that it is already time to replace the fluids or some other consumables? O kaya kailangang linisin ang Simota filter? I remember a Crosswind owner who uses a Simota filter say that he had to clean it regularly once a week.
    Yeahp. It's a tiring process. It does require you to clean the filter once in a while, unlike K&N, it could be left uncleaned for a couple of months 'til you reach your regular PMS schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    *GTi - sige sir. will try to have it checked. pero kung mahal baka dispose than restore. pang down na lang. im looking at accent pero antayin ko muna maresolve knocking fuzz.

*renzo - simota still installed. pag di ka sarcastic at pasaway, okay ka din naman e no. you sound like you know what you're talking about sa reply mo kaya susundin ko yung advice mo. pero balik ko na lang sa stock. di na ko speed addict
    Hehe.

Speed addict or not, the Simota won't give much help. The stock power of the accord is already enough, if it's still lacking, never resort to cheap products coz as they say you get what you pay for. Speedlab's power package is the way to go then, or atleast, what completes the package ( cause I must admit, their prices is a little bit high on the side ) - K&N filter, headers & Unichip. Can't get enough ? Have a H22A engine swapped. But those are for mod monsters already.

If you want to improve your fuel economy, then, have a Unichip installed. Yep, despite the fact that it shoots up power it also makes your fuel efficiency better. Comes at a price though.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    ahh... mga sir, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but can we go back po to our original topic about choosing between Honda Accord or Toyota Corona? Salamat po sa mga replies ninyo.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    We used to own a '96 Corona EX Saloon w/ ABS. It has great torque; spacious rear passenger knee room and space; cavernous trunk; sporty look ; etc...

I still see quite a number (3-4) on some days of this car in metro manila. But at least once a day. Whereas, I rarely see the '94-97 series Accord (this is the model to compare with to the Corona). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe during their heydays, the Accord outsold the Corona in the market. But yet today, there are fewer Accord (of this year models) than the Corona. That speaks volumes about the Corona.

Downside and general sickness for the Corona. Leaking power steering fluid and overheating (if one doesn't pay attention to the state of the aux. fan, radiator top leak, or topping up of coolant.)
    Last edited by number001; May 22nd, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I still see lots of 93-97 Accords on the road. When we had it back then it didn't have any sort of problems with the engine. The only thing I have against it is the overly soft suspension which can hurt handling a bit when in more spirited driving and also the fact that it has to go have wheel alignments rather often.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    accord...

porma, parts availability, FC is bit economical than V6 corona...

i dont know lang kung mas mahal ang registration ng accord....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We've owned both a 1996 Accord 2.0 exi and 1997 corona exsior. Both were matic.

My vote goes to the Corona as it had better low end to mid range torque as as against the high rpm HP of the accord, fc of the corona was at 7 to 8+kms/l consistently in the city vs. the 5 to 6 of the accord. The Corona suspension was softer and body panels are more solid. The auto tranny of the corona was also smoother in shifting.

I also have the same comments as Number001; there are more old Coronas versus Accords on the road today and it seems to have aged better.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ako din ill go for the exsior on this.
    very good fc for a 2 liter engine.
    looks good lalo na kung full euro.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    nakabili po ako ng toyota excior 96 model A/T , fuel consumption ng previous owner ay 6-7 km/l sa city drive, 8-9 km/l sa highway. satisfied na ako sa performance, until i,ve known this technology. check this out *www.otg-karis.com. the secret formula of champions (davao). kahit ano pa piliin natin between accord , galant or exsior, using this techcnology we'll be satisfied. filipino technology but not necessary inferior.see also [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWyRPuaBjs]GTO Treated Hyundai Tiburon Drag Time Trials - YouTube[/ame]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Now after using the 1 x 250mlGToil and 1 x GTF Booster , my car's mileage or fuel consumption is 9-10 km/l highway drive and 7-8 km/l on city drive. plus dami pang benefits; savings on oil consumption-no more change oil and filter, increase compression, torque and power. less engine maintainance.. may mga suggestion pa sila for optimum car performance. liberate our minds and be empowered....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zac View Post
    Now after using the 1 x 250mlGToil and 1 x GTF Booster , my car's mileage or fuel consumption is 9-10 km/l highway drive and 7-8 km/l on city drive. plus dami pang benefits; savings on oil consumption-no more change oil and filter, increase compression, torque and power. less engine maintainance.. may mga suggestion pa sila for optimum car performance. liberate our minds and be empowered....
    anong no more change oil?! calling mods. this is an old thread, by the way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Choosing between Honda Accord and Toyota Corona