New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi guys! Any advice with regards to choosing between Accord and Corona? Considering the same year (90's). In terms of fuel consumption? Parts availability? Price of the parts? Resale value?
    I would appreciate all your opinions and advices, as I am considering to buy one of these. If you can compare it with Galant VR, much better.
    Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung ako, Accord na. Especially yung facelifted 96-97 Accord. Kung well maintained, hanggang ngayon maganda pa tingnan and the interior is one of the best looking and most comfortable ones I've been in. If you get the top of the line 2.2VTEC version with a manual transmission it gives the best performance and fuel efficiency this generation of Accord has to offer. Being a Honda, resale value should be the best among its group though parts price should be a tad higher as well. Also, since this model already uses multireflector headlights, the face instantly looks more modern than those of its rivals. The Corona is a fine and reliable car too but it isn't quite as fast as the Accord and the presence exuded by the car is leagues behind that of the Accord.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Still have my Accord 96 and without the faint rattles and creaks, wala ako masabi sa ride comfort. dahil sa katandaan, minsan tumutukod na sa big humps pero overall maganda pa din ride in contrast to civics, corollas, at lalo na sa Fort. What's really bad right now is FC. Nagpatuneup ako last Nov pero ganun pa din. I don't calculate for it anymore in terms of km/l pero ang makati to paranaque ko roughly 12kms kailangan ko ng mga 300 of unleaded gas. Minsan nga mag antay lang ako sa misis ko sa grocery, lumulubog na yung gas. My last repairs: surplus compressor - 4,500, front suspension parts - 9k wala pang shocks pero kasama upper susp assy.

No experience with the Corona. Pero if its the Excior you're talking about, Alam ko malakas din to sa gas. Ang maganda sa Excior is yung looks and how you can make it look good with just mesh type 17s, and flat black paint on some garnishes. pwede mo din lagyan ng non-functional headlight washers.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Sorry. 12kms papunta 12kms pabalik. 300 pesos unleaded. Isa pa pala, quick ang Accord sir.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Naku, ganun katindi ang konsumo mo? Aling variant ang sayo? EXi or VTi? MT or AT? Hindi dapat ganun ang konsumo nun ah. Kung icocompute nasa around 5km/L na yan eh. Dati ba hindi ganyan ang konsumo? Siguro kaya it is already time to change something? We used to have a '97 Accord VTi A/T before. Sold it noong 2003 pa due to frequent flooding in our area. I was sorry to see it go. The ride is even better than that of the 2005 Accord of a relative of mine and performance is also very good.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yeah, 4-5km/L is pretty high. Was expecting it to be around 6-7km/L

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    m/t na vtec. second hand ko din to nakuha between 03 - 04. and dati pa parang ganun na din. never really computed km/l pero feeling ko dati pa to ganun. mura nga lang gas dati. prior to this, i had a VR4 and i am definitely sure na masmatipid yun sa accord kasi ramdam ko when i sold the galant for the accord. does not seem like loss compression kasi lakas pa din humatak in any RPM band. Wala naman resistance sa gulong/brakes when I shift to neutral when running. It has simota air filter pero even I know from way back that it helps improve FC. Tama ba?

Gusto ko pa irestore tong auto na to kasi ganda na ride talaga. Okay lang naman sakin yung gastos sa gas kasi nasanay na pero now that youve mentioned that its not supposed to be like this, parang gusto ko tuloy ipagawa. Tingin ko pwedeng sa variable timing to wherein yung VTEC tech no longer functions as it should.

Pero tama ka. Dapat mga 7km/l and accord so for a 24k trip dapat mga 3 - 4 liters lang ako. 180 - 250 pesos.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You had a simota air filter ? Meaning wala na siya ? If I'm right, then good. If not, remove it ASAP. Simota isn't good at filtering dirt. K&N is the way to go. A friend of mine once had the same filter, yes it did improve the acceleration but at the same time his car ate gas abnormally. He had it removed, then voila, everything was back to normal again.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Perhaps you can bring it to a trusted mechanic who has extensive experience with Hondas and look for the problem. Kung wala parin dalhin sa casa. Hindi kaya due to the fact that it is already time to replace the fluids or some other consumables? O kaya kailangang linisin ang Simota filter? I remember a Crosswind owner who uses a Simota filter say that he had to clean it regularly once a week.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    *GTi - sige sir. will try to have it checked. pero kung mahal baka dispose than restore. pang down na lang. im looking at accent pero antayin ko muna maresolve knocking fuzz.

*renzo - simota still installed. pag di ka sarcastic at pasaway, okay ka din naman e no. you sound like you know what you're talking about sa reply mo kaya susundin ko yung advice mo. pero balik ko na lang sa stock. di na ko speed addict

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Choosing between Honda Accord and Toyota Corona