New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Please Comment on This...

I checked the comparison thread but most of comaparison between this two vehicle are mismatch.. Which is the best? They said that this two are almost identical to their engine.. How about the handling and riding comfort? the Fc? Resale value? the most important is the cost of maintenance..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would go for Santa Fe, but its kinda hard to compare since they are not the same category and the price is not the same. If you have the budget I would just go for Santa Fe. Resale value and maintenance would also go for Hyundai. Di maganda resale ng Chevy sa local market at the same time parts medyo pricey if the Optra is any gauge.

*bino rocha

I know you hate Korean cars, FYI the Captiva is a Korean car. Its a Daewoo rebadged into Chevrolet. Its not an American car.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    in 4X2 crdi it's the santa fe handsdown even it broaden the comparison...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    if you're not bothered with GM begging a share from the bailout plan news, then by all means get a captiva

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That is the scary part, what if GM does not get a bailout and then fails. What about parts?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    Please Comment on This...

I checked the comparison thread but most of comaparison between this two vehicle are mismatch.. Which is the best? They said that this two are almost identical to their engine.. How about the handling and riding comfort? the Fc? Resale value? the most important is the cost of maintenance..
    The Captiva is great IF you are after interior seating comfort, great stereo system, cold A/C and good suspension damping. BUT it is dead slow either in the 4x4 or 4x2 version (petrol version is not any faster either). Measuring it's 0-100kph time requires a calendar.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The Captiva is great IF you are after interior seating comfort, great stereo system, cold A/C and good suspension damping. BUT it is dead slow either in the 4x4 or 4x2 version (petrol version is not any faster either). Measuring it's 0-100kph time requires a calendar.
    hmmm.

buti pala nabasa ko ito.
    parang type ni gf captiva or tucson.
    ayaw na ng kotse.
    guess tucson na lang diesel fed cuv pwede niya makuha.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    The captiva is a good car but the Sta Fe is so ahead in most aspects. the Sta Fe wins hands down, my barkada swears by them. plus with GM on the verge of bankruptcy, do you really want to buy a captiva?

Chevrolet Captiva CRDi VS Hyundai Sta.Fe CRDi