Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ano po ang pinag kaiba ng WHP sa HP?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    ano po ang pinag kaiba ng WHP sa HP?
    HP typical refers to the engine output. This does not yet include power losses through the alternator, pumps, transmission and tire to road.

WHP (or wheel horsepower) refers to the HP measured by a dyno from the tires/wheels of the car. So this measurement is the real world HP of your car which already includes all the parasitic losses of the engine accessories as well as by the transmission.

By example:
    Civic SiR = 160hp; but it might only be getting 125whp
    My Sentra SR20DE = 153whp; calculating for losses, my engine produces between 170hp to 180hp.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 5th, 2009 at 07:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Oops I see. sorry my bad, i know the difference between whp and bhp, overlooked that one (that was looking for Whp).

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    thanks GH, anak ng kuwago napaisip tuloy ako sa HP ng Vios ko hehehe malamang nasa 80 lang yun

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Want a little more than 160whp? Try looking for a 6G Galant with a 4G63T slapped in it :evillaugh

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Want a little more than 160whp? Try looking for a 6G Galant with a 4G63T slapped in it :evillaugh
    Same thing if I slap in a turbocharged SR20DET or simply add a turbo to my existing SR20DE into my sentra. That's over 200hp stock and 250hp+ just with simple tuning mods.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ferman says the VE did 190whp on their dyno... which is a fair bit better than our cars...

My Lynx RS peaked at 152 whp... but that's a lot of mods... the RS's engine is focused primarily on low-end torque, so making more top end out of it (especially as we can't make the rev-limit eliminator work on it) is difficult. GH's Sentra... 153 whp and 7500 rpm. Mine? 148-152 whp at 6500. It's a lot more difficult to make more power at lower rpms. Here's hoping that I can take my clubmate's high compression pistons if he goes turbo, and shoot for 160. And if that fails... I'll cheat... I can get an alcohol kit like GH's and get an extra 5-10 whp.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Silence, Civic boy! Bet you miss it, huh?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    the "de" really has lots of potential.

the RS' engine also doesn't stay behind producing 152whp and can still be upped, nice. I didn't know the rs has a torquey engine.

btw, can the alcohol kit be installed to NA cars? (I thought it was just for turbo cars since I saw one installed on a 4efte, I heard that he even puts gsm blue on his methanol injection)

*EQAddict - I saw a supercharger kit for the jazz, combined with some mods might bring the 1.5 to 150hp. I just don't know if it's safe though

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tuwato View Post
    the RS' engine also doesn't stay behind producing 152whp and can still be upped, nice. I didn't know the rs has a torquey engine.
    The RS engine is good but requires a lot of TLC to avoid blowing it up.

btw, can the alcohol kit be installed to NA cars? (I thought it was just for turbo cars since I saw one installed on a 4efte, I heard that he even puts gsm blue on his methanol injection)
    It can be used on N/A engines but the power gains would be minimal at best as I have experienced. It is really worth the money only if you have a turbo engine.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sir GH, thank you for sharing your knowledge. Napaisip isip tuloy ako na idispose na si GSR at gayahin ko set up mo. Anyway, I'm a nissan believer. My other car is a nissan ( livina ).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
cheapest car than can make 160whp