The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i vote for the Santa Fe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Is their a category for it or talagang one pick lang regardless of car class?
    There is one per class (subcompact, compact, mini suv, sportscar, etc) then another one for overall.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What color do you want?
    maybe in golden orange.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Sorry to lancer RA fans, but i don't like it mainly because of the price. it's just to damn expensive for the price you can buy an STi konti na lang dagdag mo or a second hand evo which would run circles around it or a legacy which has more features and also give it a run for it's money on the track and might even defeat it.

my vote would go to the tucson also since it's the hot car right now, but i want the fiesta to win since it is a real bang for the buck. is there a complete list of which cars are on the list?

*nicky: we're you able to drive the STi A-line? how was it? a lot of subaru guys are saying it is noticeably slower than the STi hatch and the transmission doesn't respond that well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    *nicky: we're you able to drive the STi A-line? how was it? a lot of subaru guys are saying it is noticeably slower than the STi hatch and the transmission doesn't respond that well.
    Hard to say, the units we got already had an abused tranny which gives a "clunk" when steering on hard angles.

One thing I noticed is the STi sedan version was more easier to slide the rear end in a corner than the hatch. The hatch felt very well planted but that could be because the hatch was 5A/T while the sedan had 6M/T.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Hard to say, the units we got already had an abused tranny which gives a "clunk" when steering on hard angles.

One thing I noticed is the STi sedan version was more easier to slide the rear end in a corner than the hatch. The hatch felt very well planted but that could be because the hatch was 5A/T while the sedan had 6M/T.
    :bwahaha: so true, it's hard to find a test unit that wasn't abused.

i noticed that the sedan was easier to let the rear end slide compared to the previous hatch STi also, but of course there has been a lot of suspension tweeks on the sedan compared to the older STi hatch. anyway thanks for that info, can't wait to get my hands on one but since the a-line isn't available in the states i probably would never be able to drive one. unless i find some one in the philippines who'll let me abuse their a-line.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Where do I get to see the list of contestants? Are they all top of the line variants?
    I don't know who's authorized to release it... but if it's okay, I can post a list this weekend.

Sorry to lancer RA fans, but i don't like it mainly because of the price. it's just to damn expensive for the price you can buy an STi konti na lang dagdag mo or a second hand evo which would run circles around it or a legacy which has more features and also give it a run for it's money on the track and might even defeat it.

my vote would go to the tucson also since it's the hot car right now, but i want the fiesta to win since it is a real bang for the buck. is there a complete list of which cars are on the list?

You'd be surprised. The Lancer is noticeably less powerful than the Subaru, but an automatic Ralliart is actually quicker down the road than an automatic STi... at least until you get well past triple digit speeds. This is because the dual clutch transmission is amazingly responsive, as are the paddle-shifts. I think the big problem with the STI's AT is that it's a 5-AT with long gears, and there's a noticeable lack of punch in the engine below 3000 rpm. The Ralliart has even less low-end torque, but in "Sport" mode, it downshifts very, very early... it downshifts and blips the throttle as you brake into a corner, so it maximizes corner exit speed. The paddle-shifts give you absolute control... unlike other similar systems.

The one big problem with the Ralliart speed-wise is the handling. It has Lancer EX GTA rubber, GTA brakes and a similar suspension. Doesn't handle or brake any better than the stock car except on corner exit, where the mechanical LSDs convert slight understeer to neutral-steer.

The STi sedan is a damn hoot to drive, but for everyday use, the Ralliart has a better interior, is more refined and has the best transmission I've ever driven... full-stop. Give it a boost tweak (EVO X turbines are available on the market secondhand now), some ECU-tuning and better brake pads and rubber, and it'll be perfect.
    Last edited by niky; November 26th, 2010 at 01:10 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    wow didn't know the a-line was that bad, i guess that's what they got for making fan boys around the world mad for making an A/T STi. did you put it in sport sharp mode?

anyway the RA sure is a good car but the problem for me is it's price, it's just too damn expensive. if i want a fun daily driver for that price i'd get the legacy which is a better daily driver than the RA and has more features, and if i want a fast car i'd get the STi or a 2nd hand evo which would be much faster than the RA. if mitsubishi lowers the price to match the wrx and gc price then that car would convince people like me to consider one. since the wrx is a choice for raw performance while the gc is a choice for a fun daily driver with great features and the RA is a combination of both.

btw is there a website or magazine where we can read the whole story on this? this would surely be a great read regardless of who wins.
    Last edited by foresterx; November 26th, 2010 at 06:15 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    wow didn't know the a-line was that bad, i guess that's what they got for making fan boys around the world mad for making an A/T STi. did you put it in sport sharp mode?

anyway the RA sure is a good car but the problem for me is it's price, it's just too damn expensive. if i want a fun daily driver for that price i'd get the legacy which is a better daily driver than the RA and has more features, and if i want a fast car i'd get the STi or a 2nd hand evo which would be much faster than the RA. if mitsubishi lowers the price to match the wrx and gc price then that car would convince people like me to consider one. since the wrx is a choice for raw performance while the gc is a choice for a fun daily driver with great features and the RA is a combination of both.

btw is there a website or magazine where we can read the whole story on this? this would surely be a great read regardless of who wins.
    Topgear UK's Review
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4CfWdoSOTk"]YouTube - Mitsubishi Evo vs. Subaru Impreza - Top Gear - BBC[/ame]

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by misslancer View Post
    what does that have to do with the RA? also for me top gear is just entertainment, most of the time their reviews are biased. and i don't think jeremy clarkson is the god of cars like most magazine racers do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Car of the Year Philippines, 2010