New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...48472055165040

(photo by Ardie of AutoExtreme)

Very happy to be participating in this event again after a year's hiatus.

In PCOTY, cars are judged on both quality and performance. This isn't a popularity contest, a la FHM's 100 ***iest Women. This is a straight up Miss Universe beauty pageant, complete with swimsuit competition, talent segment and question and answer portion.

PCOTY is judged by automotive journalists from various publications. It's a joint effort which we pour our time and love into to come up with the best results possible.

This year's class of all-new entries includes nearly sixty vehicles, and we tested all of them at Clark Raceway in just two days. This included acceleration tests, braking tests and handling tests. In other words, our performance testing is not only about speed, but also how well a car can deal with emergency situations on the road... something which consumers should be able to appreciate.

Time to place your bets. Lots of great new cars came out this year.
    Last edited by niky; November 25th, 2010 at 06:25 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Can I place my bet?

And if I win, do I keep the car?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Is their a category for it or talagang one pick lang regardless of car class?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    My bet goes to the Mitsu Lancer ralliart spec. Why? The evo's too hardcore, impreza sti medyo old na, focus TDCI old rin. I think the lancer ralliart spec fits the judges' criteria. And believe you me I do not own a mitsu (nor am I a rabid fanboi)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Is their a category for it or talagang one pick lang regardless of car class?
    All encompassing format - as what they did in the previous years IMHO

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    AFAI remember, Subaru got the last two grand awards for 2008 and 2009.

Now I wonder if it's Subaru again.

Legacy GT as COYP 2009 when I rarely see it even on progressive cities' streets?

Anyway, I'm guessing it'll be the Tucson this time for the People's Choice.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I think the winner would be the Kia Sorento Kidding!

May laban talaga yung Lancer Ralli Art. Pero hindi ko makita yung Lancer sa pic.

Pwede rin Ford Fiesta S hatch or Mitsubishi ASX. Hindi natin masasabi..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    AFAI remember, Subaru got the last two grand awards for 2008 and 2009.

Now I wonder if it's Subaru again.

Legacy GT as COYP 2009 when I rarely see it even on progressive cities' streets?

Anyway, I'm guessing it'll be the Tucson this time for the People's Choice.
    Like I said, it's not a popularity vote like FHM's 100 ***iest. It's a straight-up contest where a panel of judges scores the cars based on set criteria.

Doesn't matter if the winner is not a popular car... the winner is a car that presents the best blend of performance, comfort and value-for-money. That's why Subarus and Volvos often get wins... because they give you a premium experience for mainstream money. ;)

That's the good thing about PCOTY... it lets people know there are excellent cars out there that they wouldn't normally think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    I think the winner would be the Kia Sorento Kidding!

May laban talaga yung Lancer Ralli Art. Pero hindi ko makita yung Lancer sa pic.

Pwede rin Ford Fiesta S hatch or Mitsubishi ASX. Hindi natin masasabi..
    That pic is only from the second day of track testing. The Ralliart is in the running in the Sportscar/Sports Sedan category. Honestly, I was surprised by the car. There's lots to like about it, even in comparison to the 300+ hp competition it faces. In fact, the big equalizer for the Ralliart is the incredible dual clutch system, which gives it performance above and beyond its stated power levels. Only question is: is the rest of the package that much better than a Lancer EX GTA?

All the contestants in the sports category this year are turbocharged AWD four-door sedans (except for the Impreza WRX STi hatch). We've got the Subaru S60 T6, the Lancer Ralliart, the STI hatch (automatic) and the STI sedan. A pretty good set of cars... and surprisingly, performance numbers are all very close in this group.

Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    All encompassing format - as what they did in the previous years IMHO
    Yup. There is one overall winner, but the class winners are equally important.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Can I place my bet?

And if I win, do I keep the car?
    What color do you want?

-

I'd hate to pick a winner this year. So many new and deserving cars... the ASX, the Ralliart, the Tucson, the Fiesta and Mazda2, the Sorento... heck... it might even be a Volvo or Subaru again, for all we know...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Where do I get to see the list of contestants? Are they all top of the line variants?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Ah I see ...

I have high hopes for the Mazda6 this time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Car of the Year Philippines, 2010