• Ford Focus 1.8 A/T Hatch

7 9.33%
  • Honda Civic 1.8 A/T

12 16.00%
Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Voted for the Focus 2.0 Sport AT.

You get the excellent Mazda handling, without the iffy Mazda looks and interior. Gasoline and diesel prices are about even now, so if it were up to me i'd sacrifice some economy and go for the AT gas for sake of convenience. Think of it as the little extra you tip your waiter or hairdresser, to make sure you get better service.

The diesel MT seems really good on paper, but when you get stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on an uphill slope you'll be thanking the lucky stars you went for AT... Now if the Focus CRDi was available in AT this could be another story.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aIJay View Post
    Honestly out of all the choices I feel the Civic 1.8s A/T is the best value.

If you feel like it's too common then think of it this way: It's common for a reason - that reason being it is a very good car. What's the use of being different kung inferior naman ang car mo?

Also between the Mazda3 2.0 and the 1.8 Civic: civic wins hands down.

Not only does the civic consume less gas it's faster too. Any "luxury" items the Mazda3 2.0 may have over the 1.8 civic can be easily remedied while an inferior engine/platform cannot.

id clearly agree with aIJay as Honda Civic is a very good car. Kung may matatamaan sa sasabihn ko pasensya na lang. pero pancin ko why is it so that everyone is bashing our honda? im also a honda civic owner. at first well i did read that there is a case with a certain person with her FD thus coming out na Lemon ang Honda Civic. Ganun na lang ba kababaw ang utak ng mga mamayan natin? sorry cant help it.

anywayz for the thread starter i dont think it is right for you to ask everyone here kung anu mas magandang bilhin. pera mo naman un eh. kaw ang gagamit at hindi sila. im a honda owner and i stand clear on helpin you made a decision. cause its your own car, it is you. and it will be daily driven hindi din naman maliit na pera lang ang ilalabas mo. i suggest that you visit their showrooms. tingnan mo ng maigi at you can also check online as meron din kanya kanya silang site. well for instance meron din site para sa FD you can visit us anytime at www.teamFD.com.ph i would gladly answer your questions regarding our beloved FD. to mods and admins. sensya na, pero parang punot dulo pa din ng mga nagpopost dito is against the honda civic.. peace bro.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Well sa dami ng advice nila , ikaw lang talaga ang makaka alam ng car para sayo. Mas maganda na testdrive mo lahat ng nasa list mo then decide since mukhang wala ka naman budget constraints. Iba parin yng kaw mismo nakakita, nakaexperience idrive ang kotse kesa based the mga sinasabi ng ibang tao. Kahit ano pa sabihin nila eh kung hindi mo magustuhan nasa sayo parin ang final decision ano bibilin.

From a girl's point of view, well ako kasi mahilig ako sa SUV, since maliit na babae kasi ako gusto ko big cars (i.e. CRV, Pajero, Land Cruiser, Prado). Mas feeling ko maganda ako pag drive ko Pajero..hehe..Mahilig din naman ako sa matulin pero hindi ko kailangan ng kotse para humarurot sa kalye..hehe..Thats just me..

Anyway, Good luck..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGirl View Post
    Well sa dami ng advice nila , ikaw lang talaga ang makaka alam ng car para sayo. Mas maganda na testdrive mo lahat ng nasa list mo then decide since mukhang wala ka naman budget constraints. Iba parin yng kaw mismo nakakita, nakaexperience idrive ang kotse kesa based the mga sinasabi ng ibang tao. Kahit ano pa sabihin nila eh kung hindi mo magustuhan nasa sayo parin ang final decision ano bibilin.

From a girl's point of view, well ako kasi mahilig ako sa SUV, since maliit na babae kasi ako gusto ko big cars (i.e. CRV, Pajero, Land Cruiser, Prado). Mas feeling ko maganda ako pag drive ko Pajero..hehe..Mahilig din naman ako sa matulin pero hindi ko kailangan ng kotse para humarurot sa kalye..hehe..Thats just me..

Anyway, Good luck..
    +1 for you ma'am.

I even thought the new CRV is best for her. (i'm planning to buy one soon, on black )

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by erickdpogi View Post
    +1 for you ma'am.

I even thought the new CRV is best for her. (i'm planning to buy one soon, on black )
    I want a new CRV too to replace my old one.. Sabi nila bungal daw ang mukha but i dont care..its my choice..hehehe..Blue na sana gusto ko otherwise, i can repaint my CRV blue

6. Join Date
    May 2006

Anyway, Good luck..

Hayan maniwala ka sa advice ng ate ko

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I want a new CRV too to replace my old one.. Sabi nila bungal daw ang mukha but i dont care..its my choice..hehehe..Blue na sana gusto ko otherwise, i can repaint my CRV blue
    OT. Yeah, beauty is very relative to each. I'm also fond of the new CRV, might be getting it soon (hopefully I'd struck a deal with my dad to help me finance this). Will do a test drive soon after my fd's rehab.

Nice choice.

I hope ms. Aileen also consider buying an CUV like the CRV, even top gear phil sept issue mentioned that it's the perfect lady vehicle, wether you're single or married with or without kids.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    We already have one SUV isuzu tropper.. but my father will replace it with a new 4x4 pajero, prado or patrol.. iniisip ko kc, since bibili ng bagong SUV ang father ko, mas ok ata if sports car nalang ang choice ko since pwede ko namang hiramin yung sa father ko (if expert nako magdrive sa mga super narrow roads na maraming naka paradang cars and tricycles, hehe)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aileen View Post
    We already have one SUV isuzu tropper.. but my father will replace it with a new 4x4 pajero, prado or patrol.. iniisip ko kc, since bibili ng bagong SUV ang father ko, mas ok ata if sports car nalang ang choice ko since pwede ko namang hiramin yung sa father ko (if expert nako magdrive sa mga super narrow roads na maraming naka paradang cars and tricycles, hehe)
    Ah, really, that's nice to know. Have you decided on which to buy? I hope by now, you've narrowed your choices to at least two or three? Have you seen the pics I posted here (the Civic Type-R and Civic Mugen RR).

Well to get a feel of that sports car, get the civic or focus.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Kaw naman o chua... di ko pa naabutan yung friendster...

Mam aileen, would you consider a used car?

2000 - 2001 E36 BMW 325i is around that price point. Don't get any 1998 - 1999 cuz maraming lemons model years na yon.

The FD Civic 1.8S A/T I test drove was matagtag, and I especially don't like that the A-pillar is raked far too forward from the side of the driver's head that it obstructs your peripheral vision.

Peripheral vision is very important on our roads where pretty much everyone is constantly changing lanes.

I loved the Mazda3's suspension...

But there's nothing like driving a BMW.
    maganda tlaga BMW, ginto ang presyo.. hehehe.. syempre gusto ko brand new na kc yun ang 1st personal car ko eh

Which car would fit a girl like me?