New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    You were asking for a higher tax for those cars without a direct manufacturing plant right? Ergo, that would steer away buyers to buy their cars because of high price. Meaning low sales for the car company. Meaning they would likely pull out operations here in the PH. Imagine a world without ford,mazda, subaru, kia, nissan, suzuki, chevy, etc sa PH. At ang matitira lang is toyota at mitsu, and to some extent hyundai, dahil afaik, sila ang may plant dito. Ikaw na ang nagsabi. Pag walang kalaban, no sense mag upgrade ng specs. Sino talo, consumer diba?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    You have a point regarding the competition here. 😂

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    mitsubishi's box lancer.
    for several years in the 80s, it was the only available brand new car in the market.
    it remained un-changed locally, during those years, even as the rest of the world evolved.
    Perfect example. I was too young then to know.
    Car Sales Data (2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    You have a point regarding the competition here. Car Sales Data (2018)
    Thanks. Healthy competition is always good for consumers. Palakihan ng discount and pagandahan sa specs.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Perfect example. I was too young then to know.
    Car Sales Data (2018) Thanks. Healthy competition is always good for consumers. Palakihan ng discount and pagandahan sa specs.

as an extreme example, take east germany's trabant.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 17th, 2018 at 01:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mitsubishi's box lancer.
    for several years in the 80s, it was the only available brand new car in the market.
    it remained un-changed locally, during those years, even as the rest of the world evolved.
    I remember this, it was after the Edsa revolution. Delta Motors, the local assembler of Toyota ceased operations. It was only in the late 80's (1989?) when Toyota set up shop again in the Phil.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    as an extreme example, take east germany's trabant.
    Sumakit ulo ko habang binabasa ko wiki article about it. It is just that bad.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    I remember this, it was after the Edsa revolution. Delta Motors, the local assembler of Toyota ceased operations. It was only in the late 80's (1989?) when Toyota set up shop again in the Phil.

and it returned with a vengeance.
    first the corolla small body.
    then the immortal big body.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sumakit ulo ko habang binabasa ko wiki article about it. It is just that bad.

east germany had the trabant. it remained largely in-house. it served the citizens adequately enough.
    west germany had the volkswagen. it went out and conquered the world, in so widespread a scope, it would have made hisler cry in envy.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 17th, 2018 at 01:54 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post

i was able to get into our garage, one of delta motors' last models: a 1980s liftback.
    despite the otherwise specs, it was, in truth, a 2 + 2, very handsome, with a good, smooth ride. "pang-binata!" a shame i had to get rid of her, when the babies started coming in. (i got a van.)
    i can only imagine what we missed, between 1982 and 1989.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 17th, 2018 at 01:52 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i was able to get into my garage, a 1980s liftback.
    a very handsome car, with a good, smooth ride. "pang-binata!"
    i can only imagine what we missed, between 1982 and 1989.
    Yeah, the Corolla liftback with the 2T engine. The design was pretty nice too.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by satori-san View Post
    Magkaron sana ng batas na dapat mas mataas ang taxes ng mga sasakyan na walang manufacturing plant dito kesa sa mga may existing. Tulad ni Ford, pinenetrate lang ang market ng Pinas tapos lumayas. Mas maraming trabaho ang magagawa kung may manufacturing lahat.

Ford left because the government removed their incentives ... other southeast asian countries offer more incentives and are easier to deal with ...