The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    hmm sounds like banks are still profiting even on loan defaults

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    how can bank profit with so many repossessed vehicle on their warehouses?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    think of securities like stocks , insurance, certificate of time deposit, bonds etc.. dyan lang naman talaga kumikita bangko, pinapaikot nila sa circulation. say the bank paid cash for the borrower to buy a car.

they will now treat the car as a form of security, pag niremata, babalik ulit sa circulation, then they can charge another round of interest to the next buyer, pag good payer eh di tapos na dun pero pag niremata ulet, ibabalik na lang ulit nila sa repossesed and then ganun ulit parang security na naman hanggang sa tuluyan na mawalan ng value yun car.

do take note that everytime the car is bought and repossessed nagmumultiply tenfold ang opportunites nila, as is the case that if your deposit is 3000, than means they can lend like 8 times of that or 24000. that is how money is made from thin air, in this case it's the car.

that's why sinasabi ko dati, mangutang kayo ng mangutang coz the banks love borrowers. they hate money hoarders or depositors. I have seen this phenomenon grow na eh. kumbaga eto talaga ang natutunan ng mundo after the 2008 Financial crisis or subprime. it may seem that the subprime is bad business but actually it's the best business there is ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    how can bank profit with so many repossessed vehicle on their warehouses?
    bank reports say they profit overall.

if they don't profit from car loans, they would immediately stop their car loan programs.

if you see banks repo car lots, check out their property listings

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    with the crosswind out of the line up in a few months..

Nissan will most likely overtake Isuzu in the rankings...

cdn images

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    bank reports say they profit overall.

if they don't profit from car loans, they would immediately stop their car loan programs.

if you see banks repo car lots, check out their property listings
    Repossesed vehicles are part of a bank's wealth, much like FG, I think. So still a profit... And remember, as if the owner has not paid a lot in amortization already..

Wait until they could not be sold back, then they have to write them off.... So, subasta to mitigate the losses....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm sure these banks have something in their systems, that will enable them to pass off these repoes as business losses, and thereby reflect on the taxes they pay.
    bottomline, no such thing as lugi.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'm sure these banks have something in their systems, that will enable them to pass off these repoes as business losses, and thereby reflect on the taxes they pay.
    I am not an accounting guy, but I heard "bad debts" term being used.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Tax shields.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Doc, businesses would normally accrue money for these non moving inventories during good times just in case they could not be sold, and eventually have to be written off. Remember that they're not in the business of selling vehicles.

However, once they turn the inventories, they reverse the accrual plus show sales...