New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    There's still that small (and dwindling) market of people who actually prefer driving stick bro. Unfortunately very very few people drive manuals anymore today so it's hard for people like me to find a good MT car as the manufacturers don't bring them in anymore.
    I can no less agree with you on that dear bro.,- as I am part of that dwindling crowd, too... I am "encouraged" only to buy A/T rides as wifey prefers them, so she could drive them, too.... That is why I am not giving up my "old faithful" M/T Van,- as I love driving it (the shift has very little play when changing gears and so the race car feel... hahaha!)....

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.0K:drive1:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's still that small (and dwindling) market of people who actually prefer driving stick bro. Unfortunately very very few people drive manuals anymore today so it's hard for people like me to find a good MT car as the manufacturers don't bring them in anymore.
    The problem with car suppliers is they remove most amenities from m/t models making them very drab and undesirable compared to a/t counterparts. Features as basic as abs, mags and srs airbags shouldn't be removed just to reduce the price.

That said, I commend Subaru for their BRZ. and Isuzu for the LS-M MUx for coming out with higher end m/t models, where others like Mazda which had already discarded from their M3 lineup.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    A 300k discount just may be enough to run the market crazy
    Last year, Honda BGC offered me almost 300k of discount on the 8th gen Accord (deducted on the DP). The Civic promo was only 10% off its sticker price. Around May this year, I asked again on their various dealer promos (was inquiring about the Civic). They said all remaining stocks of 8th gen were sold, as well as the 2013 Civics. The sales agent told me the discount was even higher in December 2013 and January 2014, around 400k on the 2.4L and 500k on the 3.5L.

Subaru also offered some big discounts (up to 250k) on the Legacy GT sedan and wagon. It was even reported in TopGearPH.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    The problem with car suppliers is they remove most amenities from m/t models making them very drab and undesirable compared to a/t counterparts. Features as basic as abs, mags and srs airbags shouldn't be removed just to reduce the price.

That said, I commend Subaru for their BRZ. and Isuzu for the LS-M MUx for coming out with higher end m/t models, where others like Mazda which had already discarded from their M3 lineup.
    Kaya walang pila sa m/t mu-x. Unlike sa a/t na mahaba ang pila

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013

According to a source of mine they might bringing a manual version of the M3, which will be priced lower than the 1.5V, some featurees might also be stripped out

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    According to a source of mine they might bringing a manual version of the M3, which will be priced lower than the 1.5V, some featurees might also be stripped out
    Wow!!! This is to watch out for. Anyway, *Berjaya I could make do without the (1.5V's) Push start/stop, strip away the auto climate controls, foglights (aftermarket na lang) and even the parking sensors. Throw in the sunroof though ;)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Why not wish for the Mazda3 2.0L in MT tranny? Or maybe a Mazda3 MT with the 2.5L SkyActiv-G engine? Take away the i-Loop, start-stop, climate control, and some other stuff.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    TOTL MT? Never gonna happen. At least not anymore. Ford and Honda tried that before, nilangaw lang ang Civic 2.0S and Focus TDCi MT.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    TOTL MT? Never gonna happen. At least not anymore. Ford and Honda tried that before, nilangaw lang ang Civic 2.0S and Focus TDCi MT.
    Well, di nga bumenta yung Civic 2.0 MT. Di na nga ata sinama yun sa lineup nung 2nd release ng Civic FD (2009-2011). Some say only less than 200 were sold during 2006-2008. Though sa mga naghahanap sa used market, they are priced around 400-450k. The 2007-2008 Ford Focus TDCi MT are now sold around 300k-400k (used).

How about Subaru's approach with the BRZ? The same price for either MT or AT tranny. Not sure though which BRZ model sells better.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In the US, the mix is 50:50 or even 60:40 in favor of the manual.

Here, I'd wager it's around 50:50. People buying the 86 want it for the driving experience, not the convenience.

A "hot" Mazda3 or Civic still has to do double duty as a daily driver.

-

The Civic is more expensive secondhand than the TDCi, but it's faster (AT to AT, though, the Focus is better off the line, but the Civic will eclipse it on the highway), from what I've seen. About SiR fast (but muuuuuuch easier to launch), and with better amenities, space and handling... despite the lack of double-wishbone suspension.

If you can find one secondhand, they make great project cars. The stock engine easily makes 200 - 250 whp under boost, and there are a lot of performance and cosmetic parts available for the platform.
    Last edited by niky; November 14th, 2014 at 04:14 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast