New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Mga sir, need some advice regarding what to choose among the list of x-over below.

1. FORRESTER XT
    2. CX-5 - 2.5 AWD.
    3. RAV-4
    4. CRV
    5. ung bagong x-trail. 2015, not sure of this.

All of the above are top of the line.

Now, just recently, I already sold my Strada 4 x 4 and my current ride is Cruze which Im planning also to dispose or trade-in sa mga nakalista sa taas. this is due to reduce the cost and minimizing the problem of maintaining 2 rides.

Alin po sa mga nakalista sa taas ang pwedeng ipalit ko sa dalawa.

STRADA = Power, Offroad, Cargo
    CRUZE = Handling. My wife can handle easily, pang araw araw, not so bouncy on bumpy roads.

Need also better FC na rin due to this will be for everyday use. Pasig to Manila.

I am planning to buy early next year. 2015.

Wag muna SUV, masyado malaki.

Thanks for your help,

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    FXT no doubt, it has the power and handling that can't be matched by it's competitors plus it has the best AWD system in it's class. pretty damn good ground clearance also, i think out of all your choices it has the best ground clearance since not sure about the ground clearance of the new xtrail. only downside is the FC.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by underman View Post
    Mga sir, need some advice regarding what to choose among the list of x-over below.

1. FORRESTER XT
    2. CX-5 - 2.5 AWD.
    3. RAV-4
    4. CRV

Now, just recently, I already sold my Strada 4 x 4 and my current ride is Cruze which Im planning also to dispose or trade-in sa mga nakalista sa taas. this is due to reduce the cost and minimizing the problem of maintaining 2 rides.

CRUZE = Handling. My wife can handle easily, pang araw araw, not so bouncy on bumpy roads.

Need also better FC na rin due to this will be for everyday use. Pasig to Manila.

Thanks for your help,
    I have considered all that you listed and I chose the CX5 2.5. Why......car-like handling, fuel consumption, looks, power, features, safety (especially your wife will be driving it as well, it has 8 sensors front and back + back up camera, daylight driving, 6 airbags, lane departure warning system, RVM it warns when changing lane kung clear, HID headlights and responsive brakes) though I never intended it for off-roading but it's there when you need it. This are just some of the features I "NEED' but didn't find sa iba. Verdict on my 3 months of ownership... NO REGRET Anyway, I'm not trying to promote Mazda here, just IMHO. Better to test drive mo muna lahat.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    The Best would be the Suzuki Grand Vitara. None of your choices would be a match for the Grand Vitara's off road capabilities.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012

In terms of offroading, you cant go wrong with the Forester
    If you dont need poweerrrr, I recommend you save 450k and get the NA 2.0 Forester instead, it is more than fast enough, and gets better Fuel Consumption
    Seeing your previous ride is a strada, all the other crossovers you have mentioned cannot get close to the strada in terms of offroad capability

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by underman View Post

1. FORRESTER XT
    2. CX-5 - 2.5 AWD.
    3. RAV-4
    4. CRV

Thanks for your help,
    The Best would be the Suzuki Grand Vitara. None of your choices would be a match for the Grand Vitara's off road capabilities.

x2 sir Underman on what boss Sirboss said ;)

....But only if we have a full 4x4 Grand Vitara readily available in Philippines (which we don't have) whether the powerplant put into it is the 1.9 DDiS diesel from Renault, 2.4 VVT, or the top of the line 3.2 V6 made by Chevrolet. We no longer have new ones 4x4 Grand Vitara in Philippine market. The newest 4x4 that you'll see are the old model.... If you really want the 3.2 V6, on the other hand, it can be imported from Japan thru Suzuki Motors Philippines; i saw one time in Metro Manila a gentleman driving a white 3.2 V6 VVT Grand Vitara, and the unit looks really good

Among the CUVs (crossovers) you're asking about sir, though you didn't ask about the Suzuki --- the Grand Vitara is the ONLY compact SUV-CUV that comes with a monocoque body integrated with a built-in ladder-frame chassis that is "tucked-in" to the body NOT just the typical outrigging that we normally see with SUVs and pickups.
    ....Moreover, we can only see this built-in or integrated ladder-frame chassis feature on the high-end models, such as some of the Mercedes Benz SUV (i think it's the GL models) and Jeep Grand Cherokee. Mababa din centre of gravity ng Grand Vitara at matibay sa ilalim compared sa ibang CUV that you're considering.

The engines used in the Grand Vitara are mated with self-adjusting stainless steel timing chain and gear.

....But for now, due to unavailability of the GV 4x4 in Pinas, i think you might be better off with the Nissan X-Trail Or Subaru Forester.

Last edited by d_mac; October 19th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Not the 4x2.

The Fozzie is probably the best choice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The NISSA X-TRAIL is the best among the listed vehicles. It is the most car-like yet very capable to go for some offroading (beyond the unpaved parking lot).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the Forester, has the best four wheel drive and safety features among your choices. Avoid the Suzuki Grand Vitara, limited dealers, scarce parts, there must be a reason why no one is buying this.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Get the Forester, has the best four wheel drive and safety features among your choices. Avoid the Suzuki Grand Vitara, limited dealers, scarce parts, there must be a reason why no one is buying this.
    Simply because the better Grand Vitaras are not here and because real offroading is not big amongst Pinoys.

Tulad mo sir Walter, mapunta lang sa kaunting baha o unpaved backroads, offroad na turing mo hehe

Puede na Forester or X-Trail kung sa ganyan lang backroads, otherwise, mag Grand Vitara ka BUT ONLY if the 4x4 model is here and is offered by Suzuki Philippines.....

Last edited by d_mac; October 19th, 2013 at 05:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast