New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Good day tsikoteers. We'll be getting a brand new car(ford everest) next week in manila but we're from region 9. My dad is planning to get the "displayed" car for personal check up of the unit. sigurista kasi siya masyado though wala naman masama. Sandali lang kasi siya sa manila tsaka busy din sa work nya dito. A SA offered us P5k(still not sure for the figure) for reservation fee and 10days for unit arrival to their casa from factory. Ok lang po ba kunin ang unit na nakadisplay sa dealership/casa? Kasi IMO madami na rin kasi humawak hawak and if you want a brand new, d po ba mas gugustuhin mo ikaw ang una and kakaassemble lang from factory. Tsaka baka yung bagong slightly facelifted everest na ang makuha namin pag galing sa factory.
    My father's friend has an everest delivered from factory pero may dumi(d naman malaki) sa ceiling. Yun kasi kinakatakot nya na baka pag mag antay pa nung galing sa factory eh may mali mali sa kotse. Ano po mga advice nyo? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Just FYI - The CASA people regularly disconnect the odometers when taking the cars for a spin (kaya you cannot base it on the true mileage).

It's also possible that the car has been manufactured and has been sitting there for some time. Syempre IDEALLY gusto mo yung bagong bago (but of course, this is not always possible).

Kung ako yan, I'll make it a point to DEMAND for the facelift units. Kahit maghintay pa ako. New New in this case is better than Old New ;)

In the end though, the choice is yours. The warranty will still be the same for both units. Just make sure to thoroughly inspect whichever unit you end up buying. This is to avoid the situation you already mentioned.
    Last edited by mda; June 10th, 2012 at 12:11 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Just FYI - The CASA people regularly disconnect the odometers when taking the cars for a spin (kaya you cannot base it on the true mileage).

It's also possible that the car has been manufactured and has been sitting there for some time. Syempre IDEALLY gusto mo yung bagong bago (but of course, this is not always possible).

Kung ako yan, I'll make it a point to DEMAND for the facelift units. Kahit maghintay pa ako. New New in this case is better than Old New ;)

In the end though, the choice is yours. The warranty will still be the same for both units. Just make sure to thoroughly inspect whichever unit you end up buying. This is to avoid the situation you already mentioned.
    Thanks sa advice sir. Very informative. Hehe
    Problem kasi is kung may defect man yung from manufacturer we would have to travel 500km for the nearest casa. Very hussle po. And the facelift is very minimal. Ung exterior i think is sa grill lang pinalitan. Konting arte lang pero better pa rn IMO. I still have another question sir. The SA told us na ung facelift daw is available only for matic ford eves. Parang hindi talaga ako makapaniwala. Baka gusto nya lang matic kunin namin siguro. We're planning to have the manual kasi. Is that possible?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most brand new cars are relatively trouble free be it brand new, ex demonstrator, display unit or brand new old stock.

I remember when we used to buy brand new old stock units (sentra and besta) and people we knew kept fussing about having the 'freshest' unit.

Ayun, after a year or two mas pangit pa yung fresh unit nila kaysa n.o.s. unit namin. Hindi din kasi inalagaan mabuti...hehe

I guess im not really particular about having the 'newest' so my opinion may be swayed.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung naka-stock lang sa stock yard ng casa, okay yun.

Pero kung display unit mismo, ayoko ng ganun. Kasi kung sino-sino na humawak diyan.

Nangyari yan before nung kukuha kami ng Explorer (2008 pa ) Gusto nila ibigay yung display unit. Sabi ko gusto ko ng fresh from stock yard, mahirap yun display unit malamang napakialaman na yan ng iba at napindot pindot na yung buttons. Ayun kumuha pa sila sa stock yard sa Santa Rosa. We waited for almost 3 hours. Dumating din yung unit naka-truck.

Nung 2010 naman, yung Tucson. Pumayag ako na i-display muna ng dealership bago ko kunin, pero naka lock yung doors.

BTW, advance congrats.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    This is just my opinion and no real fact.

The display car unit can't be compared with display iPhone unit. The phone may be dropped from the shelves. The shoppers can grab the whole thing and thousands may have tried them.

The car is a different story, when buying a car, you can not test all its features. Unless you will stay at the showroom for a week. The display unit may have been tested by different would be buyers. Visual inspected, driven, checked the audio, AC, the buttons, etc, and would be buyers may even checked under the carpets. And if they found something faulty, the casa should have fixed them for you.

The notion of "marami ng nakahawak". Again, phone shoppers are not the same as car buyers and I may consider car buyers as quality inspectors rather than "osisero".

Now this is a fact.

Your father could not check the new stock, be it a facelift or not. When the unit has arrived in your place and you found even a missing single button or cap, you have to travel 500KM or live with it until your next PMS.

Your family's friend got a factory unit with "may dumi sa ceiling". The casa unit may not have visual problems as such. Casa display unit should be in their best condition or would be buyers will be turned off.

I hope it helps.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks sa advices and informations mga sir. Thanks din sir expert SG
    Just talked to my dad and sabi niya oorder na kami ng everest pero pag dumating na sa casa tsaka siya pupunta ng manila para iinspect at para masigurado na rin ang pagpapadala dito(though trabaho na dapat un ng SA) pero sabi nya naman namin malalaman kung yun na nga ang galing ng manufacturer or ung nakadisplay lang din. He'll be there for only 2 or 3 days.
    Sorry for my ignorant questions wala po kasi ako kaalam alam talaga sa pagbili ng kotse my dad does it all. Also this is our first time to buy a brand new car..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    pag display unit ba.....walang discount? since display unit na ito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    pag display unit ba.....walang discount? since display unit na ito.
    None really. May discount pag demo unit.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wala ba talaga? Di ba considered demo unit na rin yung display unit since pumapasok-labas na yung mga prospective customers diyan at pinapagamit at nagdedemo yung mga sales staff nila using that unit?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Car from CASA(displayed) or from Factory?