New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Inovero View Post
    Sir walang issue ang Jazz. And yes yung accent kumakatok ang makina.
    The 1.4, yes. But we're talking about the 1.6 engine here though. The same one that powers the Soul and Elantra 1.6 (sans the D-CVVT). The one with no knocking issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eejay View Post
    Before i bought my GE last year i also considered buying an accent however, safety wise pa lang i was discouraged na kasi Accent doesn't have dual airbags and abs. i asked the hyundai agent and he said na all accent dont have those features kahit yung top of the line nila, ang meron lang is yung top of the line na elantra which is i think almost the price of a 1.8 civic.

just my 2 cents about the topic. not sure if the specs of accent changed since last year so i might be wrong
    Ever since the Accent was launched in the Philippines, the 1.6 GLS has always had airbags and ABS. That's pretty stupid of the agent not to know, but you're not off the hook either since as a buyer, you should have done due diligence to check out what your prospect has and what it doesn't.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I like the Jazz 1.5V but I would think twice over its price. There's a lot more options to choose from in its price range; Altis 1.6E AT or Elantra 1.6 GL AT, Lancer EX 1.6 AT, etc. For a few bucks more, the Civic 1.8S and new Focus 1.6L will be included in the list of options.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The 1.4, yes. But we're talking about the 1.6 engine here though. The same one that powers the Soul and Elantra 1.6 (sans the D-CVVT). The one with no knocking issues.

Ever since the Accent was launched in the Philippines, the 1.6 GLS has always had airbags and ABS. That's pretty stupid of the agent not to know, but you're not off the hook either since as a buyer, you should have done due diligence to check out what your prospect has and what it doesn't.
    Thanks for suggesting fiesta. I already looked up on it before but its exterior isnt really my style and just like what you said kahit tiptronic shifting wala. I know my reasoning sounds stupid but if ima buy a car it must be what i really want so no regrets. Thats why i didnt consider fiesta.

yung engine knock ng accent sa 1.4 lang talaga, so yung 1.6 kahit below 95 RON gas?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Inovero View Post
    Mas mura nga ng konti ang Accent 1.6 GLS compared sa Jazz 1.5V. Di ka padin nakatipid, ikaw pa ang tinipid.
    4AT vs 5AT with paddle shifters. Dun palang lamang na lamang na.
    Sa interior napakalayo, yung plastic na ginamit ng hyundai napaka cheap tignan.
    Saka yang Jazz siguradong tatagal yan ng matagal, honda yan e. E sa hyundai madaming nagrereklamo after 1 or 2 years andami ng sira, madami ka ng kailangan palitan. In the end nakatipid ka ba? Sakit pa sa ulo.
    yun nga din isa ko pang tinitingnan sa hyundai, yung maintenance. nakikita ko sa ibang thread mabagal daw service ng casa.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Jazz: 11
    Accent: 2

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by iamvillyboy View Post
    yun nga din isa ko pang tinitingnan sa hyundai, yung maintenance. nakikita ko sa ibang thread mabagal daw service ng casa.

Sir hindi lang po mabagal, sablay na sablay ang mga casa ng Hyundai pag magpapa PMS kana. Napakadami ng nagsabi. Bigyan kita ng mga link about dun.
    http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...dai-pms-77752/
    http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...general-81397/
    http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...7/index23.html

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Di naman ako naghahamon ng away. Pero asan na kaya yung BASTOS na moderator? Biglang nawala lol.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    surprising to notice that nobody has even touched on the MAGIG 'ULT' SEATS of the jazz

actually, getting a ride all depends on what your needs are. i can't really point out the pros and cons of the accent since i haven't drove or own one.

but with the jazz..as they say..usually, the owners are the educated ones. since most would usually tell you that it's a bit pricey..but these owners, they know what their getting. really a bang for the buck. specially the 1.5V Jazz, the exterior itself speaks for itself. even if you don't touch anything..it's already a cut above in it's segment. specially the 1.5V that honda was able to a unit that has the same exterior as the Fit RS in japan..instant JDM looks for your ride. it handles well even on stock wheels which i must say is by far the closest JDM-specd ride you can get locally. the brake lamps and tails are all LED already. and a plus that fog lights comes as standard for the 1.5 units.

as for the inside, you won't get a more spacious sub-compact car than the Jazz. get inside and you'll know what i'm talking about. the interior is so spacious that 5 persons, would be sitting comfortably in it. the tall head room, lots of leg room are just a few on how spacious the Jazz is. and fold down the rear seats and you instantly have room for lots of stuffs. the best i was able to do with it was haul a 9ft. long pole inside (yes..it fits when you also fold down the front passenger seat. with just the rear folded down..i was able to place inside a 5ft. x 4ft. painting that was framed..try putting that inside an accent

with regards to it's fuel consumption. with my 1.5v jazz. i've managed 10-11kms/L, combination of with traffic and without. but if your up to as we say 'rezing..rezing' your FC would definitely go down to around 7-8kms/L. stretch your legs a bit on the expressway and you'll have around 15-17kms/L

can't think any much as of the moment. but the thing is..get a Jazz and you'll never regret it. with regards to it's resale value..it has one of the highest that's sold here locally. and by the way..when you already own a Jazz..it will be far fetched that you think of selling it even if having it for years already

by the way, the house beside ours has an accent..and there is no way it would stand up against our Jazz *

boss troy, may kaaway? haha!!!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ah basta, Hyundai Accent pa din ako! Magsama sama kayong mga fan boys!!!!! Mas fan boy ako!!! Wooohooo!!!

*Makagulo lang... Corny nyo eh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    kaya ba ng jazz 200 kph?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast