New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    guys i need your help again.. this time i'm looking at a toyota camry V 2.4 2002 model and a mazda3 2.0 2006 model. if you were me, what car will you choose? i really love the interiors of the camry (so classy) but i like the looks of the mazda3. budget wise they're both 500k. which car do you think is better and is worth to buy? also my concern is the resale value of the car, which car yung mas mabebenta ko ng mas magandang presyo like 1-2 years from now. TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    If you're looking for reselling it after a year or 2, get the camry, But if you're not that concerned about the resale value. I would get the mazda 3.

Newer model, Newer parts, this is with respect to the mileage and how the owner handles the car. It really depends on how it is being handled (under the hood).

But if you ask me, if they're the same, mileage...maintenance...etc.....I would get the mazda 3 hands down!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Mazda 3 anytime!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thanks for the reply.. that'll be noted...
    but can u convince me more why mazda3 instead of camry?
    hindi ba sulit ang camry? how about fuel consumption ng 2.4 camry with 2.0 mazda 3? malayo ba ang consumption nila sir? kasi i was told na ang camry 2.0G and camry 2.4V is almost the same when it comes with the consumption. how is this true mga sir?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    camry ako. better interior. more luxurious. comsumption, baka same lang since mazda 3 is malakas talaga sa gas. if ever SLIGHTLY better lang siguro sa camry. looks, same lang for me. of course mas may prestige ang dating kung na ka camry. malay ba nila na secondhand mo na nabile.

but in the end, look at how maintained the unit is. kung makinis pa and if everything is fine mechanically. if both unit are in top condition, ill choose the camry. if one is in better condition than the other by a large margin, then of course dun ako sa mas maganda ang condition even if its the 3. HTH

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Eto ba yun???

2002 Toyota Camry

or

2005 Mazda 3...

What's your profile??

Single.. Age.. less than 30? Mazda...

If you're a family man, mas ok ang camry due to space. Pero kung maintenance and FC wise sa mazda ako..

8 years old vs 5 years old.. kung equal lang ang maintenance.. sa mazda ako.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    baka same lang since mazda 3 is malakas talaga sa gas...
    I really do hope you've driven/are driving a Mazda to be vindicated on this, ... especially comparing figures to a consumption of a matic 2.4 heavy car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I will go to Mazda 3.

If the Camry is the 3.0V, it will be a different story. AFAIK, the 2.4 engine isn't suffice to propel the Camry due to its heavy body. We recently bought a 2005 Toyota Camry 3.0V. Souped-up Civics? Eat my dust!
    Last edited by crave; November 9th, 2010 at 08:17 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If both are in the same good condition, I'd go for the Camry.

Yes it's older, but as you've mentioned, you like the interior (IMO classy, but daddy-ish), which is more spacious and comfortable (though the beige interior soils easily compared to the 3's dark interior). I think the Camry has a more comfortable ride as well, but then it doesn't handle as sharply as the 3.

In terms of speed, perhaps the Camry isn't a speedster, but I like it's low to mid torque which is great for city drives. If you open the 2.4L up on the Skyway, you're sure to make 200 kph.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by majinbu View Post
    guys i need your help again.. this time i'm looking at a toyota camry V 2.4 2002 model and a mazda3 2.0 2006 model. if you were me, what car will you choose? i really love the interiors of the camry (so classy) but i like the looks of the mazda3. budget wise they're both 500k. which car do you think is better and is worth to buy? also my concern is the resale value of the car, which car yung mas mabebenta ko ng mas magandang presyo like 1-2 years from now. TIA

I would choose the 02 Camry 2.4 over the Mazda3. The ride quality & interior space are worth it compared to the Mazda.

If you are still worried about the exterior looks, replacing the stock wheels with some decent looking 18s will improve the looks without hurting the ride too much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
camry vs mazda3 help pls.