New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you are still worried about the exterior looks, replacing the stock wheels with some decent looking 18s will improve the looks without hurting the ride too much.
    I can't seem to recall how the ride was with stock 15s on the Camry. Hehe! It's been on 17s, 18s and 20s for the longest time, and I couldn't complain much about the ride. Went back to 18s, though, coz the 20s were too heavy.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    depends on the mileage and condition of the car.

if the camry is a garage queen, then go for it.

but given the same usage, same driving habits... that's still four years of use.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fuel economy of a big heavy 2.4 liter car will never match that of a compact 2.0 AT. Not even if we're comparing a Toyota to a Mazda... hell... we drove the Corolla 2.0 AT for a week... and guess what? It was just as thirsty as a Mazda3 2.0 AT, or worse.

That said... get whichever car is in better condition... but review whether you have the money to maintain either car. The Mazda3 is slightly more expensive to maintain than an older compact... suspension and brake parts cost more and wear down more because it's a heavy car... but the Camry is more expensive to maintain, still.

Within your budget, you can get some pretty good secondhand cars. Don't limit yourself to just two.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    comfort or fun... decide which you want the most and you'll be able to pick the car.

comfort goes to the camry.

fun = mazda 3. i hear it handles like a dream (daw, never drove one though so i cant really know).

personally, i'd go for the camry. nothing says money and power and class like an executive size car.

you can pay for flashy looking clothes and diamond studded bling watches, but you really can't buy class... hehehehe.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    dude look at this ad:
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]http://www.ayosdito.ph/NCR/1598661-F...ck.htm&xtcr=12

its a 2.0 06 Focus less than 500k,

BTT: i'll go with mazda 3..i own one heavy body and thirsty but i love it..heck i dont make sense anymore hehehehe
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If FC is no object, then go for the Camry. We don't have one, but we do have a relative who owns a '05 Accord 2.4. It runs around 6-6.5km/l city. Expect the Camry's FC to be around this point and a bit worse due to its inferior 4 speed A/T compared to the Accord's 5 speed A/T. I really do like the Camry's looks though, even if its not the least bit sporty, it looks really classy a la Mercedes-Benz.

As for the Mazda 3, I wouldn't be getting that. The FC sucks and the slushbox saps too much of its power. For your budget I'd propose you get an ES Civic 2.0 instead.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    I really do hope you've driven/are driving a Mazda to be vindicated on this, ... especially comparing figures to a consumption of a matic 2.4 heavy car.

yup ive driven a lady friends 2008 mazda 3 2.0 several times for out of town, 150+kms trips. so yeah there you go. i also said, which you conviniently left out, "if ever SLIGHTLY better lang siguro sa camry". what is slightly better?
    2-4kms/Liter maybe? if thats the case, id rather be spending a little bit more on fuel driving around in a camry than a mazda 3. but thats just me

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    As for the Mazda 3, I wouldn't be getting that. The FC sucks and the slushbox saps too much of its power. For your budget I'd propose you get an ES Civic 2.0 instead.
    The ES Civic is a bit better in terms of pickup at low speeds because of the extra gear, but the midrange of the Mazda 2.0 is better. Fuel economy is about the same. Both horrid for the size of the car.

The Mazda3, though, drives much better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Mabilis lang naman ito eh:

You drive yourself ---> Mazda
    You have a driver ---> Camry

In the end, it'll boil down to who's driving.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Mabilis lang naman ito eh:

You drive yourself ---> Mazda
    You have a driver ---> Camry

In the end, it'll boil down to who's driving.
    Well, in general, I'd agree with you on this. The 3 is a driver's car, and the Camry is a car to be driven in. In general. But then, I don't have a driver and I've had my Camry since December 2002, and I'm enjoying it. Why is that? Perhaps coz I don't drive it as hard into corners as one would, or could, with a Mazda 3, or perhaps coz I'd make up for it with some adjustments.

The Camry's more of a high speed cruiser (especially with the 2.4L and 3.0L variants). I appreciated this a lot (despite only having the 2.0L engine) in my first 5 years of use coz I used to live in the south, and getting on the Skyway was a routine. If you'd push it upwards of 160 kph, it still wouldn't feel scary.

Didn't keep the skinny wheels and tire stock, though. Sure they contributed to the good ride, but upgrading to 17s or 18s didn't worsen the ride much, and actually helped keep the car planted. Didn't feel scared taking the narrow exit ramp curving right and then left into Amorsolo, or the one going into Filinvest, from speed.

There's also the Camry's weight and width that helped keep it down.

Of course, if you put the Camry through quick lefts and rights, and your name's niky that's another story.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
camry vs mazda3 help pls.