New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Yes Egan thank you im also considering it. Do you know its fc actual compared to the 2.4 accord 8th gen?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would get the 3.5Q without even thinking... Its more loaded so its more value. No one buys a mid-size sedan with too much concern for fuel economy...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    3.5Q is the car to buy

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If gas mileage is no problem for you, definitely 3.5. If prices for both are similar, that's more value for money.

And then again, if your route does not allow you to open up the throttle and enjoy the benefits of a V6 engine, you might as well get the 2.4, which would be just as comfortable and enjoy the improved gas mileage instead. From my experience with the 7th gen Accord 2.4 and 3.0, in typical, mundane, low speed Metro Manila city driving, there is hardly any difference in the way it drives at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Since ang route nyo is makati paranaque, at papunta at pauwi lang ang gamit,

3.5Q na kunin, tipid sya pag sa highway driving, pero pag makati area na or paranaque na traffic area..
    medyo malakas na ang FC, (V6)

kung may mga certain appointments, medyo madalas gamitin ang sasakyan,
    2.4 engine, practical efficient sa FC..

Nakapag-drive na po ako ng 2.4E na camry, very efficient..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gti and playplug very good answers.

The type i was looking for. Second problem will i get a Camry 2.4 or accord 2008 2.4? Ganda din

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Yes Egan thank you im also considering it. Do you know its fc actual compared to the 2.4 accord 8th gen?

I had small chats with my neighbors in BF Homes who frequent the suki carwash in front of the subdivision. One dude (late 30s) drives a 2.4L 8th gen Accord while another (in his 40s) drives a 3.5L Accord V6 (also 8th gen). Both say they could do 7-8 km/L on normal driving conditions from Sucat to Makati. I guess the VCM stuff on Honda's J35 engine does help in FC as it offers about the same FC with Honda's K24 engine. I told them they are luckier as my old 6th gen can only do 6-7 km/L.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 11th, 2014 at 10:18 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    No one buys a mid-size sedan with too much concern for fuel economy...
    Right on! With all its features and bigger engines, you might as well enjoy the ride and worry less on FC. Though with the new Mazda6 SkyActiv, you enjoy the good stuff midsize cars offer plus the benefit of decent FC.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Gti and playplug very good answers.

The type i was looking for. Second problem will i get a Camry 2.4 or accord 2008 2.4? Ganda din

Accord if driving, if passenger, Camry.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There are few more options available. The 2nd gen Mazda6 2.5L (2009-2012) is cheaper in the used market compared to the Camry or Accord, plus it looks sleeker than both. If you want a more comfortable ride (assuming you have a chauffeur), you can also check out the Teana (with its lazy boy-like seats in the back). If you want a more sporty midsize, then go with the Legacy GT (but these ones are still 1M in the used market).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Camry 2.4v or 3.5q