New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Agree with what Walter said. The Camry is the best if you're being driven, and the Accord if you're the one driving.

The Accord's VCM may help improve gas mileage, but heavy stop and go traffic is perceived as high stress driving so all cylinders would be firing.

Some interesting wildcard choices are the Mazda 6 and Hyundai Sonata. 4 cylinder only, but with excellent packaging indeed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Mga Bros given a choice same price at let's say same year and condition.

Will u buy a 3.5 or a 2.4v? Will be used as an everyday car. Makati paranaque lang.
    I'd pick the 2.4L. Actually, I'd pick any 4-cylinder car because there is simply no room in that area to make the 3.5L Camry gallop except maybe 2am - 3am. The gas mileage in the 3.5L would be atrocious sitting in traffic.

Personally, I rather ride an air-conditioned bus and not have the stress/aggravation.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'd pick the 2.4L. Actually, I'd pick any 4-cylinder car because there is simply no room in that area to make the 3.5L Camry gallop except maybe 2am - 3am. The gas mileage in the 3.5L would be atrocious sitting in traffic.

Personally, I rather ride an air-conditioned bus and not have the stress/aggravation.
    Sir Jun aka Pekto,

Pasensya na po kung medyo OT ang answer ko po sa topic thread..

kung talagang practically wise, "commute ang best way" maraming tipid, (di na pagod mag-isip after work mag-ddrive pa pauwi, hindi pa stressed + yung wear and tear ng sasakyan and yung mga liable costs during driving)

kung "business purposes" kahit gaano pa kaganda ang sasakyan (impress a client(s) in certain business deal), pero pag inabot ng swerte sa traffic, "opportunity loss" na agad"

lalo pa sa NCR, maraming investors na pumapasok, wala sila paki-alam kung commute ka or may sarili kang sasakyan, basta yung appointment time, dun sila nag-based...(alam nila ang pinoy time) kung willing ba or hindi..

ang sasakyan, depreciated, wala po silang paki-alam kung brand new or 2nd hand, by the end of the day, kung successful ang business deal. commute man or dala yung sasakyan..at least profit na...hehehe

Sa TS po: kung kaya naman po bumili ng brand new model, go for it! wag po tipirin...

Nakapag-drive po ako ng Camry, pero kung as passenger mode po kayo, very comfortable, kung kayo mismo ang nagdadala, medyo annoying lang dahil sa "parking brake"

3.5. 2.4, kahit po yung 2.5G na brand new, panalo na po, (isa rin po kasi sa proposed sa bigboss ko pero salamat din sa pagbaha dito sa NCR, kaya nawala po sa consideration ang pagkuha ng camry dahil sa flood issues)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Personally, I rather ride an air-conditioned bus and not have the stress/aggravation. [/QUOTE]

unfortunately, it won't fit in most peoples' garages..

heh heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 12th, 2014 at 06:05 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    unfortunately, it won't fit in most peoples' garages..

heh heh heh.
    So true. He He.

I still think the TS should stick with the 2.4L Camry. Heck he should consider a smaller, lower-priced car, diesel even.

I honestly don't think anyone would notice the difference between a regular sedan or a sportier one with traffic like this:

During my visit, we drove my niece from Manuela Subd (*LPC) to Taguig City where she rents an apartment in one of those new high-rises. We took the "shortcut" from Sucat, Paranaque and passed through Makati. The traffic along the whole route was ridiculous.

My brother-in-law is a doctor. I asked him why he doesn't drive a Lexus since every (Pinoy) doctor I've seen seems to have one. He just pointed at the traffic and shook his head. He said the 4-cylinder Fortuner would do.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hehe nalito na ako but now i have whittled it down to the smaller engined cars.

But 3 na pinagpipilian camry accord and mazda6. I dont like brand new since laki ng depreciation.

I can buy the new ones but hirap tanggapin na tinapon ko 500-700t in 4 years.

Lastly dont like to commute. I sold my 07 accord and still have my 04 Camry and 05 crv. Medyo upgrade lang

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Get the 3.5

Sometimes, its okay to spoil yourself a bit.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Whats your route between pque and makati?

Up skyway bicutan then down amorsolo?
    Or slex, then don bosco/gil puyat/buendia?

If skyway, a 3.5q will have decent mileage
    If slex or service roads, get a 2.4, you wont even hit 50 during rush hour

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Double post
    Last edited by viper888; August 12th, 2014 at 05:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Hehe nalito na ako but now i have whittled it down to the smaller engined cars.
    How about a 2.5L engine with a turbo? The Legacy GT sedan/wagon has a 2.5L turbo engine and it has about the same output as those 3.5L-powered midsize cars but offers more torque at the usual operating RPMs (below 3000).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Camry 2.4v or 3.5q