New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    IN buying a used vehicle, considering same YEAR MODEL(1998-2001), SAME MILEAGE (80k-100k), SAME UNIT BRAND and MODEL. What would be a better choice, A GAS UNIT or DIESEL unit?

My friends prefered a GAS unit since we are ALWAYS or 100% sure of the ENGINE CONDITION (even if it will be checked by a mechanic), trouble shooting GAS Engine is easier and cheaper compare to Diesel Engine. Tama ba ang LOGIC?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mahirap sagutin yan, as there are many other factors that will affect your choice.

Among 98-01 vehicles, there are no diesel cars, for one.

Another factor is that the reliability of different manufacturers differs wildly... even different engines from the same manufacturer differ in reliability.

For me, if you're buying an AUV, get a diesel, Isuzu or Mitsu, preferably.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parang Toyota Revo, o Mitsubishi Adventure lang pinag-uusapan dito. Ang Isuzu wala namang gas.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Gas or diesel.

Usually it depends on how you plan to use it i.e. burning rubber vs. hauling stuff.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Dudee, para saan mo gagamitin ang vehicle? Gamit papunta opisina? Business/hauling people?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Gas or diesel.

Usually it depends on how you plan to use it i.e. burning rubber vs. hauling stuff.
    What does it mean by BURNING RUBEBR vs HAULING STUFF?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nestordreamin'
    Dudee, para saan mo gagamitin ang vehicle? Gamit papunta opisina? Business/hauling people?
    Tama si Syuryuken, it's about REVO unit(GAS) and a Pajero unit(DIESEL).

Hi, I'm not a frequent user. I had a 1999 Revo GLX before, sold it 3 weeks ago for 370t. Got it brand new, for 8 years ang gamit ko, I only consumed 29T km reading. I only consumed 12-15 liters of GAS WEEKLY.

Right now, I'm face to choose another unit. A 2003 ReVo GLX matic against a 1999 PAJERO Diesel. Of course the REVO is cheaper than Pajero, but I like the Pajero more. What are factors to be consider here? pls enlighten me.

My friends have advised me to choose the Revo over the Pajero, besides the comfort and luxury of Pajero, the REVO is still new (28T km Reading) compare to the Pajero (58t km reading). And the REVO is 2003 model compare to the 1999 model Pajero. And since I don't use often, a used Gas engine is easier to maintain (if ever may problema) than the diesel engine.

What ya' Think?

Any advise would be appreciated.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's okay as long as you know what you're in for. Was your previous unit an automatic also? The VX200 Gas AT is something of a guzzler in traffic (bearable on the highway, though), but I'm not sure about the GLX 1.8.

A lot of people would tell you that a Pajero is sturdier, more prestigious, etcetera etcetera, but really, it'll depend on the quality and condition of the vehicle. At seven years of age, if this is a turbo-diesel Pajero, there are quite a number of things you may be looking at servicing (injector cleaning is a pain)... but if the last owner cared well for it and the turbo is still good, you should have no problems.

Still, it's a bigger engine, and a turbo, and that always entails a higher maintenance cost, gas or diesel notwithstanding. Plus other spares, such as suspension, steering, tires, etcetera... will cost more.

If you're the typical urban commuter who doesn't drive very much, I'd say the Revo is for you. You've already had experience maintaining one, and I agree, it's a very comfortable car for an AUV.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee
    What does it mean by BURNING RUBEBR vs HAULING STUFF?
    Translation: Gagamitin mo ba sa karera o sa hakot?

If it's the former, gas ang kunin mo. It's the latter, mag-diesel ka.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Right now, I'm face to choose another unit. A 2003 ReVo GLX matic against a 1999 PAJERO Diesel. Of course the REVO is cheaper than Pajero, but I like the Pajero more. What are factors to be consider here? pls enlighten me.

Dudee, you now have an idea how a REVO performs except that now you are looking at one with an automatic transmission.

Diesel engine maintenance is not much of a problem.
    Most of the vehicles that I have in my job are diesel fed.
    Preventive maintenance is the key, just like any other machinery.

Kung gusto mo yung Pajero, pa-assess mo sa kaibigan mong mekaniko.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
in BUYING A USED VEHICLE - GAS o DIESEL