New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It really depends on you. In my case, I get diesels because they are simpler (no spark plugs, no electronic ignition. less moving parts). I don't really care much about engine power. I also have more experience working on diesels that's why I'm more comfortable with them.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    me diesel too. if you dont use the car much then why care about the very sturdy diesel engine... ako personally based on my experience in driving a gas and diesel cars....
    i say mas durable ang diesel, as in get in and drive lang ako. di pa ako nilaglag ng makina ko (*knock on the wood*)

Niky,
    VX200 is 2.0Litre so as the Revo GSX.
    GLX remained 1.8L gas onlyand 2.4L dsl when they introduced the GSX 2.0L gas only variant.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, I kinda figured he meant the 1.8 variant. Still, with an AT, it'll likely be sluggish, but hopefully not as thirsty as the 2.0.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, I kinda figured he meant the 1.8 variant. Still, with an AT, it'll likely be sluggish, but hopefully not as thirsty as the 2.0.

*nestordreamin: what price are you being quoted for the two vehicles? It'll help if we know. Also, how many kms on each?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks for the much reply Guys. The Revo 1.8 AT consumed 6+km/liter for now. The ride is much the same with the Revo I sold weeks ago. It was my friend who offered my a swap (his pajero) + 300T cash. I test drive his Pajero days ago, ok naman ang engine, maybe I'm just not used to the noise of the diesel engine compare to the gas. His pajero is Fieldmaster, so far pinacheck ko sa mechanic, engine in good shape and no leaking whatsoever. But the mechanic told me that we can NEVER be sure kung ok sa loob ng engine. That's why the mechanic advised me to turn down the offer, reason nya is that my newly acquired REVO is newer by year model and I have to add 300k cash.

2nd reason is that, he said, when problems arises (like Overhauling or Tune-up), its easier and less expensive repairing GAS engine than Diesel.

Tama ba advise nya?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... Fieldmaster.

Actually, it is less expensive fixing that particular gas engine than that particular diesel engine, as the diesel is a bigger unit. Still it's legendarily tough, and should age gracefully.

The Pajero may cost you a little less in terms of fuel, but to trade a newer car for it, with less miles and with so much cash... (so the total would be an estimated 700k+, ba?) nah.

ko i have a maxima electro-carb MT and a liteace electronic-turbo diesel 4wd a/t.....yes, beyond comparison ung dalawa in terms of maintenance...simple lang ang engine maintenace and trouble shooting ng maxima, mostly mechanical and easy to trace wirings... ung liteace ko can be a pain in the as...kasi may mga sensors and computer boxes..so if something goes wrong, i cant assume the worse but always start at the sensor's conectors...pagkanagkaroon ng read-out error, bigla ako i-sstall ng engine ko!

ang isa pang advantage ng diesel ride is you can "dip in water" even when running, basta ung air breather mo is still out of the water....unlike sa gasoline, pati alternator dapat mo pangalagaang di lumubog sa tubig..done this in my former delica 4d56t with a shortened air intake...i can go forward even in waist-deep waters but all electricals ko pinapatay ko kasi ung alternator, lubog na sa tubig...no plans yet of doing this sa liteace ko, kasi i'm still patching up holes,e...

well, by comparison din: both CA20 of my nissan and 2C-TE of my liteace consumes 3.5-3.75L of oil...but the difference lies in the oil filter and air filter costs...plus since a/t ang liteace ko, may dadgdag ako maintenace for atf oil change..

well, just remember, the more convinience and power features you have, additional maintenance and check-points yan...the simplier the ride, the simplier the cost...

my mom's kia pride gtx 98 a/t is practically maintenance free (basic maintence lang-->fluid change lang and when something broke, cheap and easy to maintain and trouble shoot...no fancy electricals and electronics, plus 90% of veteran mechanics knows this car by heart-->except for the a/t), but still runs well...so sulit talaga ung kotse na yun for me...240T brand new, a/t, all power (minus steering)..basic needs are there...

well, back sa query mo...

kung ako, sa pajero ako, no second thoughts about it...diesel, good 4wd system, and can be raised/lifed easily...pero for you, advice ko just take the revo...vx kung kaya...get the 2.0L, less hirap un kaysa sa 1.8L..but if you dont mind, 2.4L diesel is also a good choice..un nga lang, patay ka sa trapik pag 2.0...ung 2.4L naman manual lang...

look ka din ng adventure..ok din naman un...reliable and easy to maintain 2.5L 4d56 non-turbo diesel...si sir arvic ata available pa ung sa kanyang adventure..naka setup na din yun...PM mo siya.

ung gas model naman ng adventure is not that fancy either, sohc 4g63(ata un) 2.0L, alam ko derived from the 92 galant mpi...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ah... Fieldmaster.

Actually, it is less expensive fixing that particular gas engine than that particular diesel engine, as the diesel is a bigger unit. Still it's legendarily tough, and should age gracefully.

The Pajero may cost you a little less in terms of fuel, but to trade a newer car for it, with less miles and with so much cash... (so the total would be an estimated 700k+, ba?) nah.
    niky, you're right, I have to add 300k fot the swap. That's Why most of my other friends do not agree with the swap. Newer AUV+300k swap with older luxury vehicle.

I have not really made up my mind, I;m still thinking it over.

Btw, Guys, in Changing Oil. Di ba for diesel engine, SHOULD IT BE EVERY 3months or 3000 km Which EVER COMES first? or EVery 3000km PERIOD.? Kasi sa Manual Guide ng REVO ang Gas Engine is every 5000km or 6months which ever come first.

if you can afford it...pero kung minsan use, atleast 2x a year pwede na...ganyan ako sa liteace ko....tinitignan ko din ung langis kung ok pa..pero kung i see na starting na lumalapot na, thats the time i start saving up for an oil change...ung atf, atleast 1x a year ang palit to be sure, kung 1x per 2-3 years, obligado kang bukan ung oilpan,e...

tama yan, take your time...choose kung ano talagang feel mo..nga pala, sa choices mo, masmahal ang spares ng pajero compared sa revo...but pajero parts ar bigger than than any AUVs around...so kung sa maintenance, obviously masmahal ang SUV kaysa sa AUV..

include mo sa pagpili mo ung "hidden defects"

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I get diesels because they are simpler (no spark plugs, no electronic ignition. less moving parts).
    All the while I thought GAS engine is simplier than Diesel.

Di ba pag palyado ang diesel engine, dami pwede magkaproblema?

May injection pump ba ang 4m40?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
in BUYING A USED VEHICLE - GAS o DIESEL