New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pajero/safari same lang halos function. depende nalang sa condition ng makikita mu sir. kung anu ung pinaka "fresh" un na lang

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi sir baskin, of the three you mentioned i'd go with the pajero. Which I did with almost the same budget as yours...

Naicip ko din nuon yung patrol, pero hanep ang lapad nya talaga at ang laki. Naicip ko mahihirapan ako isingit sa mga side streets, and medyo boxy yung dashboard for my taste. plus yung third fow side facing, eh galing na ko sa auv kaya for me mas maganda naman yung front facing lahat. Exterior is old school boxy, kaya me apeal din saken.

Tama din sabi ng mga nag post dito, na ang mga units na over 10years old malamang maraming sakit lalo na yung mga locally used units. Alam mo naman kalye natin, parang high speed off-road course. lubak dito lubak doon.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin0610 View Post
    Thanks sa replies. yeah my budget for now only permits me to be only in that range. I cannot afford to get a bnew one right now as mahirap pagsabay sabayin ang bayarin would have loved to get a new MS though.

*redorange i was more inclined on getting a safari really over a paj. seems the second hands that I saw parang mas maganda pagka age ng safari. or it may just be me....

*number001..what was the car that you had this experience? is it one of the models I have mentioned? may nakapagsabi na din saken that i may be getting myself into those situations you stated. I may just be lucky to even find a good unit.

i thought about the escape and CRV, kaso i needed the additional space also. and isnt it malakas sa gas pareho? and I heard parts of the escape is quite expensive....

i had a gas adventure before, kaso it was underpowered and lakas sa gas...although i had fun driving it. but i am trying to shy away from AUV's for now...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    double post
    Last edited by blue_gambit; March 31st, 2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: double post

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    whoa! parang natakot tuloy ako sa upcoming expenses if ever I would get one of this type of rides. mag sedan nalang kaya ako. hmmmm

but you all have a point....considering 10+ year old na to either Paj or safari man.

any suggestions what an alternative ride have?

i actually need a big ride 5-7 that can fit comfortably. preferably diesel. high ground clearance good engine and not a gas guzzler. reliable and hindi sirain. given that i can only get a second hand, I am prepared for the upcoming regular maintenance.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    whoa! parang natakot tuloy ako sa upcoming expenses if ever I would get one of this type of rides. mag sedan nalang kaya ako. hmmmm

but you all have a point....considering 10+ year old na to either Paj or safari man.

i actually need a big ride 5-7 that can fit comfortably. preferably diesel. high ground clearance good engine and not a gas guzzler. reliable and hindi sirain. given that i can only get a second hand, I am prepared for the upcoming regular maintenance.
    old but reliable mistu 4d56 adventure. kasya 9 people. siksikan.

old but fuel efficient isuzu crosswind. mabagal nga lang

sorry, di ata mga SUV to
    Last edited by aejhayl17; March 31st, 2010 at 02:59 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sir baskin, most car that is second hand ay malamang may pagawain. Kaya nga i dispose nung owner nya coz ayaw nya ipagawa, kaya nga tayo nag dadala ng mechanic to check the car before we buy it. As a rule for me aside from the purchase price I set aside 50K for repairs. So in your case buti siguro 400K for the car, 50K budget to make it worry free...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hyundai Porter try mo. my uncle replaced his grand starex with one. nagtaka talaga ako kumbakit, yun pala ang sarap sumakay sa harap ng hyundai porter and even driving it.

yun nga lang not seated comfortably yun nasa likod heheh. pero bago 'to. anyway, my uncle bought it coz they bought a townhouse in tagaytay. sobrang tipid sa diesel at sobrang ease of use when hauling things from manila to tagaytay and back

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    sir baskin, most car that is second hand ay malamang may pagawain. Kaya nga i dispose nung owner nya coz ayaw nya ipagawa, kaya nga tayo nag dadala ng mechanic to check the car before we buy it. As a rule for me aside from the purchase price I set aside 50K for repairs. So in your case buti siguro 400K for the car, 50K budget to make it worry free...

good point better to set aside for repairs na nga talaga. I have a friend mechanic and definitely will be tagging him along. may mga titingnan sana ko units paj and safari and terrano parang napapadalawang isip tuloy ako... hehe

ok din ba starex?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    good point better to set aside for repairs na nga talaga. I have a friend mechanic and definitely will be tagging him along. may mga titingnan sana ko units paj and safari and terrano parang napapadalawang isip tuloy ako... hehe

ok din ba starex?
    kung mas maganda ang condition ng starex, probably its better. i like the starex cause its both a hauler and fuel efficient based from my experience. but a little bit underpowered.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    nakakalito na ... hehe siguro i inspect ko nalang muna yung mga nashortlist ko with my mechanic.

given your inputs, handa nalang for possible repairs...hirap talga choices if you are within budget contraints

i was also eyeing the local trooper. My friend has one. mukang ok din naman pero i read its a lemon. is that true?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Buying SUV, help!