New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi guys,

need help naman sa inputs. I am planning to get an SUV and eyeing these models. prefer ko diesel. Would be needing this on occassional out of town trips and city driving which could last me for about 3-5 years pa Kaso budget ko lang is 400-450. I think etong range ko pasok sa mga modelo below.

Ok pa ba tong mga ganitong model given their age?

Pajero 96-97
    Nissan Safari 97-98
    Terrano 96-99

Any suggestions? ano tingin niyo? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    pang-down mo na lang sa escape yan 400K mo. those cars are more than 10 yrs. old

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    or Nissan Navara / Mitsu Strada. hehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    pwede din Mitsu MS?

anu ba yung nissan na pangtapat sana sa MS pero di dumating sa pinas?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    pwede din Mitsu MS?

anu ba yung nissan na pangtapat sana sa MS pero di dumating sa pinas?
    pathfinder yun bro.. sayang nga...kung dinala nila dito yun the story of the SUVs here in our country could have been told differently...

to the TS...kung talagang limited ka lang dun sa choices mo...I would choose the patrol rather than the other two you posted...
    Last edited by locoroco777; March 30th, 2010 at 10:59 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Unless you have all the time, patience, knowledge, money to keep on repairing the mechanical defects, you might be better off getting a brand new vehicle or maybe a younger "used" vehicle. Old vehicles esp. those over ten, would need constant repairs and more maintenance just to keep it in a driveable state. For me, its not worth the hassle. I'm saying this from experience.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin0610 View Post
    hi guys,

need help naman sa inputs. I am planning to get an SUV and eyeing these models. prefer ko diesel. Would be needing this on occassional out of town trips and city driving which could last me for about 3-5 years pa Kaso budget ko lang is 400-450. I think etong range ko pasok sa mga modelo below.

Ok pa ba tong mga ganitong model given their age?

Pajero 96-97
    Nissan Safari 97-98
    Terrano 96-99

Any suggestions? ano tingin niyo? thanks!

add ko lang, you can get a newer 2003 ford escape. binenta namen yung escape namen ng paluge for 460k by mid 2007.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The Safari would be first pick then the Pajero. Unlike all the others telling you to get a new car I would presume that you are on a budget for a reason and thus can't afford the monthly payments. Besides these are old school diesel engines which can go on forever if maintained.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks sa replies. yeah my budget for now only permits me to be only in that range. I cannot afford to get a bnew one right now as mahirap pagsabay sabayin ang bayarin would have loved to get a new MS though.

*redorange i was more inclined on getting a safari really over a paj. seems the second hands that I saw parang mas maganda pagka age ng safari. or it may just be me....

*number001..what was the car that you had this experience? is it one of the models I have mentioned? may nakapagsabi na din saken that i may be getting myself into those situations you stated. I may just be lucky to even find a good unit.

i thought about the escape and CRV, kaso i needed the additional space also. and isnt it malakas sa gas pareho? and I heard parts of the escape is quite expensive....

i had a gas adventure before, kaso it was underpowered and lakas sa gas...although i had fun driving it. but i am trying to shy away from AUV's for now...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If you find the fuel consumption and parts of the Ford Escape prohibitive, those of the Nissan Safari will not be far behind.

Prepare to spend.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Buying SUV, help!