New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Mahal parts ng Ford e.
    Compared to what? Before I went all gonzo with modifications, I had my car serviced at the casa, and the parts cost just the same as anywhere else.

Now that I don't have it maintained there and buy from Mazford and Fordland... guess what? Parts cost just the same as anything else.

It's very model dependent. The Focus has pricey parts because it's a new model and Euro-market... the Lynx, Ranger and Eve have reasonably priced parts... and... surprisingly... electronics for the US-made SUVs don't cost all that much compared to similar parts for other vehicles.

-

The Montero Sport is the only ladder frame in the class that's actually comfortable. Full stop. Both the Everest and Fortuner make too many compromises in ride to ensure on-road and off-road manners... whereas the Montero focuses more on a smooth ride than good handling. It has more understeer than either Everest or Fortuner, but it doesn't roll, sway or judder as much over broken pavement.

The Santa Fe is the only seven seater that's better (of course, it's more expensive). The Captiva is a bit stiff-legged (like our CR-V) and has more understeer than a bus, while the Sorento is incredibly soft and bouncy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Guess, I'll have to settle with the Montero then. Hopefully, they would be able to market upgrades for the Montero's butt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Buying one soon...needs to choose.