New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    If you're planning to keep it for 8 to 10 years, take into consideration nyo din yung location ng casas ng Subaru. Only three in the metro - EDSA Greenhills, Bonifacio Global City and Alabang. Not to mention na mahal ang parts sa casa ng Subaru.

Take a look at other SUV or crossovers. Madami na ding threads about it on this forum.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Det7 View Post
    Update update.. ok, was brainwashed enough.. I want to go for an SUV.. but here's my dilemma:

if car: I really like GTA ~P1.1M

if SUV: I only want Subaru XV ~P1.5M

is 400k extra worth it to go for an SUV instead?
    I'm just thinking, this could be my only car for the next what.. 8-10 yrs? So it better be a good one..
    unless of course you guys can brainwash me again to go for other SUVs? :D

Thanks a lot experts! :D
    Get a Forester XS instead. Or a Forester XT, which is really a beast when it comes to speed.

Grabe pila jan sa XV. Goodluck.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jigs_xix View Post
    If you're planning to keep it for 8 to 10 years, take into consideration nyo din yung location ng casas ng Subaru. Only three in the metro - EDSA Greenhills, Bonifacio Global City and Alabang. Not to mention na mahal ang parts sa casa ng Subaru.

Take a look at other SUV or crossovers. Madami na ding threads about it on this forum.
    so hindi well recommended ang Subaru XV dito sa tsikot? inputs please.. mga ilang % difference ang maintenance costs ng Subaru? Ok lang ako sa casa, Pasig-Cainta area kami so mejo malapit naman ang EDSA Greenhills or Fort Bonifacio..

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Get a Forester XS instead. Or a Forester XT, which is really a beast when it comes to speed.

Grabe pila jan sa XV. Goodluck.
    papatak na yata ng 1.7M yung high end ng Forester?

3-6 months yata ang pila sa XV.. depende sa color.. pero was thinking na worth it naman?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    6 months is really a long wait if you ask me.

It's just +200k. Kung kaya naman i-stretch, it's really worth it. I've driven the Forester XT and believe me you won't regret it. You may be tempted to do an ECO run on SCTEX but a demon will keep on whispering on your ear to push down that throttle and forget about your consumption... And once you do that, an incomparable smile will be drawn on your face.

However if budget is really limited then we can't do nothing. Forester XS it is. Still looks ok though. Better looking than the XV IMO. Or if you want a much faster CUV, there's the Kia Sportage CRDi & Hyundai Tucson CRDi. Might look ***y and what not but the engine must not be taken for granted.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    have you considered Mazda CX7? although they will be phasing it out and replacing with a more "pinoy friendly" CX5...i still find it :rave: ....plus na siguro the fact the you will never be common on the streets given what i just mentioned earlier...

Mazda CX7 i think starts somewhere * 1.5M and CX5 * 1.39M which is a bit friendlier

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011

pag naka-skirt na ganyan sarap gahasain!

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Everest 2.5 TDCi M/T 1.340M with discounts, leather, lto, mattings, tint

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung kaya mo pala magintay ng matagal might as well consider the Toyota 86 and/or the 2013 Genesis Coupe. Yun talaga pang-single lang. Chick lang pwede isakay dun. Pag chicks, masikip na.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Kung Toyota 86, suggest ko sir MT tapos TRD all the way. Pero kung SUV, Subaru ako :D

Suggestion lang sir. Sa iyo parin yung final decision.
    Last edited by LiempoBoi; July 16th, 2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jigs_xix View Post

considering how well subaru is doing here in the philippines i'm sure in a couple of years there will be more casa's and 8-10 years it will be just as many as other casa.

parts price, what do you expect from a manufacturer that just entered our country. syempre mahal pa since it's not yet widely available unlike manufacturers that's been in our country since the beginning of auto industry. i'm sure in the long run the prices will be the same.

anyway the xv isn't a good choice if you plan to keep it 8-10 years, i'd get something bigger than a car that's to small to be an suv and to big to be a sedan. if i we're you i'd get a car the size of the forester/crv/cx-5 since no matter what happens you'll need a bigger car in the long run.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast