New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    61
    #1
    Hi guys. I would like to seek your advice and comments on the 2nd hand vehicles listed. it will be used mostly in city driving and rarely in out of town trip. i am planning to buy my first car through bank financing. and since it will be my first car, your comments and experience will be a great help for me.

    here is my prospect models:
    2006 Grand Vitara
    2007-2008 Nissan X-trail
    2007-2008 Honda CRV

    Things to consider:
    1. Durability
    2. Maintenance cost
    3. Fuel Consumption

    Thank you. hope you can help me decide.

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,711
    #2
    Ayaw mo ba ng Rav4?


    I currently own a 2004 Gen2 4x4 AT, with a 80K odometer


    Things to consider:
    1. Durability - Made by toyota, 2nd hand ko din nabili (58k odo) no major parts replaced
    2. Maintenance cost - every 10kPMS, FS Amalie oil + oil filter, average cost 5-6k sa Toyota Mnl bay, kung inspection at change oil lang ang papagawa mo
    3. Fuel Consumption - 7-7.5km/l (Las pinas-Makati-Las Pinas), 11.5-12km/l (out of town/hway driving).

  3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,277
    #3
    puro talo sa kunsumo ng gasolina. Single ka ba o pamilyado na?

  4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    61
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    puro talo sa kunsumo ng gasolina. Single ka ba o pamilyado na?
    Ganun po ba sila kalakas sa gasolina? my office is around 10-11km from home. Sa ngayon po kasi nagtataxi ako and cost me 170-200php one way. pamilyado na po ako sir with 1 baby. hehehe

  5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    61
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Ayaw mo ba ng Rav4?


    I currently own a 2004 Gen2 4x4 AT, with a 80K odometer


    Things to consider:
    1. Durability - Made by toyota, 2nd hand ko din nabili (58k odo) no major parts replaced
    2. Maintenance cost - every 10kPMS, FS Amalie oil + oil filter, average cost 5-6k sa Toyota Mnl bay, kung inspection at change oil lang ang papagawa mo
    3. Fuel Consumption - 7-7.5km/l (Las pinas-Makati-Las Pinas), 11.5-12km/l (out of town/hway driving).
    Mejo naliliitan kasi ako sir sa gen2 rav4.

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    50
    #6
    Among your choices, your best bet would be the 2007-2008 CR-V: from the standpoints of lower maintenance costs, parts availability and Honda reliability. I would think fuel consumption will be just about the same across the three.

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    15,525
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jl0412 View Post
    Hi guys. I would like to seek your advice and comments on the 2nd hand vehicles listed. it will be used mostly in city driving and rarely in out of town trip. i am planning to buy my first car through bank financing. and since it will be my first car, your comments and experience will be a great help for me.

    here is my prospect models:
    2006 Grand Vitara
    2007-2008 Nissan X-trail
    2007-2008 Honda CRV

    Things to consider:
    1. Durability
    2. Maintenance cost
    3. Fuel Consumption

    Thank you. hope you can help me decide.
    based on your choices and categories, best choice would be the CRV. although the Xtrail is also a good one, but meron kang fuel consumption factor eh, and while all of your choices are guzzlers, the crv would be the least fuel guzzler.

    ayaw mo nung first gen tucson na crdi?

  8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,235
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jl0412 View Post
    Hi guys. I would like to seek your advice and comments on the 2nd hand vehicles listed. it will be used mostly in city driving and rarely in out of town trip. i am planning to buy my first car through bank financing. and since it will be my first car, your comments and experience will be a great help for me.

    here is my prospect models:
    2006 Grand Vitara
    2007-2008 Nissan X-trail
    2007-2008 Honda CRV

    Things to consider:
    1. Durability
    2. Maintenance cost
    3. Fuel Consumption

    Thank you. hope you can help me decide.
    Durability- Grand Vitara
    Maintenance cost- more or less the same
    Fuel consumption- CRV

    I'd go for the Grand Vitara if I run the provinces on a regular basis, and the CRV for primarily city duties. The Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage CRDi are also within this price range.

    I suggest you strongly consider the diesels. A 2.0L CRDi will consume around 8-10km/L on average in city driving, depending on route and traffic conditions. So assuming your daily commute is 10kms, the cost of diesel is P40/L and a fuel consumption of 10km/L, that would be just around P80 balikan for fuel costs.

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    225
    #9
    talo ka sa gas lahat diyan except the crv, relatively. given the budget, why not just go for the current escape? solid ride, may warranty since bago pa (though outgoing model). i heard ford bgc is letting go of the units below 1M already so you might want to take advantage.

    since it's your first car, have you looked at other options also? kailangan ba talaga suv? since may baby ka na, baka better choice yung mga mpv like innova, apv, avanza?

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,349
    #10
    *TS - The question to ask is "Do you really need a CUV?" As you will be mostly using the vehicle for city driving and a bit of weekend out-of-town trips, a compact car will be a better choice. Compacts are more fuel efficient and costs less to maintain. If you want a more comfortable ride, you can opt for a midsize car (as they are usually priced around the same as CUV's in the used market). If you aim for better fuel efficiency, a sub-compact will do as it can easily haul a family of 3 or 4.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Buying my first car CRV vs Grand Vitara vs XTrail