New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Another option would be the Kia Carens. You get extended seating capacity if you suddenly need it, an engine that matches and exceeds the performance of most 2.0L compact sedans in the market (even the diesel ones) while still giving almost twice as much gas mileage, and ride quality similar to a sedan. This is a very interesting proposition if ground clearance and more upscale looks aren't that high in your list of priorities.

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    How much is your budget? Mahirap na guzzlers pag may family na. Magsave na para kay baby.. try Kia Carens crdi or innova

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you are looking at vehicles more than 6 years old. so if they are still in good condition at this time then that is already proof of their durability

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Will be biased towards the 06 Grand Vitara kasi yan ang gamit ko pero malakas sa gas, average 6 km/liter city driving. But it's durable and Ondoy-tested!!

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks guys for your comments. CUV talaga ang first choice ko but i have in mind also is the toyota innova. Mas gusto ko kasi yung good road visibility ng SUV/CUV/MPV and minsan pag may mga relative na umuuwi galing abroad nagagamit din for hauling balikbayan boxes. i will consider also yung tucson crdi and ford escape. thanks ng marami sa mga comments.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Will be biased towards the 06 Grand Vitara kasi yan ang gamit ko pero malakas sa gas, average 6 km/liter city driving. But it's durable and Ondoy-tested!!
    Malakas nga sa gas sir. is that pure city driving? pero every 2 days naman ako kung umuwi because i'm in a contruction company so mostly nag stay-in ako. or minsan late night na din nakakauwi kaya wala na din traffic. so hindi din siguro magiging mabigat sa bulsa ang gas.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    TS, where or which bank do you plan to finance the car? AFAIK, banks require that the vehicle is at most 5 years old, else, denied ang financing. Add to that, mejo malaki ang interest rate ng mga 2nd hand cars.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by archielew View Post
    TS, where or which bank do you plan to finance the car? AFAIK, banks require that the vehicle is at most 5 years old, else, denied ang financing. Add to that, mejo malaki ang interest rate ng mga 2nd hand cars.
    I'm Planning BPI autoloan. I think 5 years nga ang required nila so i will be ending up to 2008 or latest models. mas malaki nga ang interest rate ng 2nd hand but ayaw ko kasi magsedan and di ko naman kaya MA ng brand new CUV/SUV.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just carefully compare the difference in financing between brand new and 2nd hand, I think it's about 50% higher interest for second hand cars. And then decide whether it's still worth getting a 2nd hand CUV/SUV. Scout for a better value brand new CUV/SUV (e.g., Kia Carens - best in class fuel efficiency given its 1.7 li crdi engine plus you get the newest release that looks sleek and cool, Ford Escape - they're giving big discounts to clear off the current model as the new one is coming in or Kia Sportage). Nothing beats the feeling of driving brand new! You only get the rare chance of buying a car infrequently and you will be paying the amortization over the same length of time, better make the right choice.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonM View Post
    Just carefully compare the difference in financing between brand new and 2nd hand, I think it's about 50% higher interest for second hand cars. And then decide whether it's still worth getting a 2nd hand CUV/SUV. Scout for a better value brand new CUV/SUV (e.g., Kia Carens - best in class fuel efficiency given its 1.7 li crdi engine plus you get the newest release that looks sleek and cool, Ford Escape - they're giving big discounts to clear off the current model as the new one is coming in or Kia Sportage). Nothing beats the feeling of driving brand new! You only get the rare chance of buying a car infrequently and you will be paying the amortization over the same length of time, better make the right choice.
    Very true, nothing beats brand new.
    Quote Originally Posted by jl0412 View Post
    Malakas nga sa gas sir. is that pure city driving? pero every 2 days naman ako kung umuwi because i'm in a contruction company so mostly nag stay-in ako. or minsan late night na din nakakauwi kaya wala na din traffic. so hindi din siguro magiging mabigat sa bulsa ang gas.
    Yes purely city driving with traffic jams na yan pero medyo mabigat din paa ko. If you're having a bad day at galit ka sa accelerator, pwd mag-5.5 hehehe!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast