New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by idlewild View Post
    Considering it's one of your prioirities, you might be disappointed with the Kona's ground clearance. It's similar to most sedans.
    ganun? 170mm ang ground clearance ng kona right? anyway so kona or gts? i think they are priced the same if kona 1.6 will be released hear

2. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    or should i opt for 2nd hand cars but what are those?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Yap View Post
    ganun? 170mm ang ground clearance ng kona right? anyway so kona or gts? i think they are priced the same if kona 1.6 will be released hear
    Yes, it's 170mm. Was comparing it against my Mirage G4 which has a higher ground clearance (also 170mm) compared to similar cars of its class. I just find the Kona ground clearance low for a crossover when I saw it in person in a showroom in SG. The Ecosport has higher ground clearance (at 200mm) but not higher than the XV (at 220mm).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You could take a look at the Subaru XV and Forester and see what deals are available. I think they still have those substantial discounts right now.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    You could take a look at the Subaru XV and Forester and see what deals are available. I think they still have those substantial discounts right now.
    i have forester p already, i don't want xv cause they have the same engine

is volkswagen having discount this june?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    A base model XV or Forester is priced around 1.3M+ now with the 200k discount promo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If ground clearance is such a consideration, get a pickup truck. Diesel engines make it thrift on fuel. It might be just too bulky a ride for your wife.

If you just need a 2nd vehicle for city routes, get a compact - a Civic or Altis or Mazda3 or Focus or Sylphy. Use the Forester when you need a ride with higher ground clearance.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i have forester p already, i don't want xv cause they have the same engine

is volkswagen having discount this june?
    Ah that settles it for Subaru then. Not sure about VW. I just remember that the Tiguan they have right now is the old curvier, smaller model.

I'd also give the Terra a look. All reviews are positive. Ground clearance is generous, ride quality and handling is probably as good as it can get with PPVs and the engine has good power and economy.

Cons would be the size and stiffer than EPS hydraulic steering.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A base model XV or Forester is priced around 1.3M+ now with the 200k discount promo.

Not bad for an entry level Subie. ☺

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    aren't they releasing kona 1.6 turbo diesel?

if ever ano paba ang compact na suv diesel type?
    According to local articles, the Kona is released here with a 2.0L NA gas and 1.6L turbo gas engine. Hopefully that changes soon, or they won't be selling very many of it!

I'd take a look at the Tucson and Sportage CRDi, though both are getting expensive. Very powerful engine though, with positively brutal power delivery should you jab the throttle. You may actually find yourself using it more often than your wife. buying my 2nd car for my wife going around the city Also more practical than niche brands in terms of parts and maintenance. You may want to consider slightly used units to avoid painful initial depreciation losses.

CRV diesel is more practical in that it has a 3rd row, with cargo space to spare (I can barely squeeze my backpack in the back of my 07 Santa Fe with the 3rd row up!). Your wife may also appreciate the benefits of fuel efficiency here more than power in the Tucson/Sportage twins. In terms of material quality and long term reliability, I am sure that Honda still has the advantage over the Koreans.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast