New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Please help me decide before the end of the year.

Price before excise tax:
    Subaru Forester 2.0iP - 1.678M less 50k discount
    Subaru XV 2.0iS - 1.538M

Availability:
    Forester - can be had a satin white pearl
    XV - unicorn

If TRAIN is implemented on Jan 1,SRP of XV will be almost the same as Forester.

Feature wise, XV has more bells and whistles than Forester.
    XV is the newer model. Forester will be replaced in 2019.

The dilemma here, I really want the XV but Forester seems a good car.
    Occupants is me and wife and no kids. Not planning to.

Should I just wait for the next stocks next year?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If you don't need the space, I think XV is better since it is newer and has more features. Also, try to test drive both.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    as a forester owner..my choice is the xv...the new forester will be coming out in a year or two..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you have no need for cargo space, go with the XV. It's the best small crossover available in the market.

If you're a family man, the Forester is the practical choice. The Forester is a really good vehicle. It's the most reasonable CUV available out there - decent driving dynamics, good ground clearance, lots of space, AWD, and fairly efficient. When we are on a road trip, I can carry my golf bag, our luggage, and other stuff on the trunk without having to compromise the rear seats.

On a different note, take the chance now to own the Forester XT. Motor Image stated that it won't be releasing the turbo Forester next year. If you're the type of person who enjoys the drive, the Forester XT is worth it.
    Last edited by Egan101; December 14th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you have no need for cargo space, go with the XV. It's the best small crossover available in the market.

If you're a family man, the Forester is the practical choice. The Forester is a really good vehicle. It's the most reasonable CUV available out there - decent driving dynamics, good ground clearance, lots of space, AWD, and fairly efficient. When we are on a road trip, I can carry my golf bag, our luggage, and other stuff on the trunk without having to compromise the rear seats.

On a different note, take the chance now to own the Forester XT. Motor Image stated that it won't be releasing the turbo Forester next year. If you're the type of person who enjoys the drive, the Forester XT is worth it.
    XT is currently out of range on my part

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ntlogin View Post
    XT is currently out of range on my part
    Have you asked Motor Image if how much discount is offered on the XT?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Have you asked Motor Image if how much discount is offered on the XT?
    Not yet. Probably they wont and take advantage of the demand for tbe last turbo specd forester.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The turbo thing is just speculation ... too early to tell ... same thing earlier this year about the excise tax increasing car prices ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The turbo thing is just speculation ... too early to tell ... same thing earlier this year about the excise tax increasing car prices ...
    Motor Image already held a press conference announcing their product line in the country for 2018. The Forester XT is out of the list. However, the Levorg 2.0L DIT (or commonly referred to as the WRX wagon) will be released.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I’d go for the XV if you plan to buy soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast