The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    go for the corolla if you'll consider your options! :thumbup:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My 2 cents

Kia Pride CD5 : Small and compact. Don't expect a good ride in these babies thou. Parts are dirt cheap. A/C also a bust. Rating 5/10.

Sentra (S2 or S3): Good car overall. The misconception of Nissan is that they're parts are overly priced but then I would not really say that. This was one of my options before and hindi naman sya mahal pag dating sa spare parts. Also, it can look good if dressed right

Toyota Corolla Small Body (XL,XE and Gli): Sturdy and time tested. This car can be a head turner if given the right clothes. Parts are also relatively cheap and you can find them everywhere..literally.

Verdict: Either the Series 2 or the Corolla. At least you'll have the space for people if needed and they can give you less headaches than the Kia.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go for the big body corolla.. meron pa makukuha na 100k nyan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ruel1977 View Post
    go for the big body corolla.. meron pa makukuha na 100k nyan.
    XL or XE pero dami ka din papagawa e. sa small body na ko na good condish.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yung Sentra may konting rust na at scratches, kailangan daw ng body repair nito. Pero orig paint pa *130k Deal?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by a3n3as View Post
    Yung Sentra may konting rust na at scratches, kailangan daw ng body repair nito. Pero orig paint pa *130k Deal?
    mahal po sya. meron akong nakita mas mura dyan. just get a buy and sell mag and look for one there. konting tiis po sir. makakahanap ka din po. 120k should give you a "nothing to fix" car. eto tips lang po sa pag pili.

1. Lift the car - check the under the car. also, test the ride of the car.
    2. Check the body - look for any fillers or if the car was repainted already. katokin mo nalang. malalaman mo naman yung tunong pag may masilya e.
    3. Check the A/C - A/C should be freezing cold since it's nissan.
    4. Check the steering - kalugin mo yung steering wheel. Try and listen if you hear something. baka may tama yung tie rod, ball joints etc.
    5. Test drive the car - the car should have nice acceleration and smooth shifting

dami pa pero eto SOP ko. hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Go for the corolla small body 16v

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I like the small body Corolla 16v too. But will its fuel consumption be on the high side because it is a 1.6?

Quote Originally Posted by overboost View Post
    120k budget?

If your going make a project car the Kia Pride would be the best (CD5).
    60 to 80 thousand ang second hand then buy a surplus z5 engine (dohc, efi), around 99hp stock (you can also put a turbo and intercooler sa budget mo) and you will have a car that can run low 15's to to high 14's for a quarter mile kasi the car is relatively light plus the more powerful engine (ala lotus elise ang power to weight ratio mo).

He he he he just an idea lang po, pero feasible.
    An interesting option. Performance on a small budget.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    may nakita po ako na corolla xe 96 * 120k naman, ok daw to kse tipid sa gas.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    i think big body xe and xl corollas are underpowered vehicles especially when you have 3 or 4 passengers inside and with the aircon on ...

for your budget, i would suggest going for 2nd vehicles worth 60k to 80k and then set aside the remaining money for repairs ...

if ever you decide on getting the kia pride ... you may want to visit ...

http://kiaprideclub.proboards55.com/index.cgi?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Buying a 2nd hand car,  kia pride cd5 , sentra s3 or corolla XL