New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    I am currently a confused buyer. After selling my Hyundai Accent HB CRDi, I went on to search for a perfect vehicle for a starting father. At first I had my eyes on the all new Toyota Avanza, but after having both the first and second generation Avanza, I never really liked its fuel consumption so I went on searching. The next that caught my eyes was the Suzuki Ertiga Dreza. The fuel consumption was great, looks was killer, Excellent seating number for the family and the luggage space could accommodate my baby’s stuff. But the only problem is that it might not be available to the Philippine Market. So I went on searching. Mitsubishi Adventure, was good but the look feels a decade old. The Isuzu Crosswind, but for my budget 800k to 900k the accessories that come with the variant feels bland. The Honda Mobilio which feels a little low. Coming to and fro Pangasinan and Manila, flood and nasty road condition might kill this car. Then came the Chevrolet Spin. Everything I ever wanted in car was there. Spacious, Beautiful and it has a Turbo diesel engine. I liked it so much that I went to three Chevrolet Dealers just to get the best deal. Now comes the problem, Chevrolet will no longer the Spin lineup. My Best friend has one and it took him a month or more just to get a replacement part. I need help, should I still get the Chevrolet Spin, or should I just move on and look for other available vehicles?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by effsandoval View Post
    I am currently a confused buyer. After selling my Hyundai Accent HB CRDi, I went on to search for a perfect vehicle for a starting father. At first I had my eyes on the all new Toyota Avanza, but after having both the first and second generation Avanza, I never really liked its fuel consumption so I went on searching. The next that caught my eyes was the Suzuki Ertiga Dreza. The fuel consumption was great, looks was killer, Excellent seating number for the family and the luggage space could accommodate my baby’s stuff. But the only problem is that it might not be available to the Philippine Market. So I went on searching. Mitsubishi Adventure, was good but the look feels a decade old. The Isuzu Crosswind, but for my budget 800k to 900k the accessories that come with the variant feels bland. The Honda Mobilio which feels a little low. Coming to and fro Pangasinan and Manila, flood and nasty road condition might kill this car. Then came the Chevrolet Spin. Everything I ever wanted in car was there. Spacious, Beautiful and it has a Turbo diesel engine. I liked it so much that I went to three Chevrolet Dealers just to get the best deal. Now comes the problem, Chevrolet will no longer the Spin lineup. My Best friend has one and it took him a month or more just to get a replacement part. I need help, should I still get the Chevrolet Spin, or should I just move on and look for other available vehicles?
    So you need a big spacious vehicle and that can go thru floods and nasty roads. You may need an SUV. Given your max budget of 900K won't get you one brand new, but might get you one for second hand, the ones with low mileage and practically brand new. You could then look at Fortuners, Santa Fe or Monteros. Possibly even the Tucson or CRV. Given you have a penchant for diesels, Fortuner or Montero is your best bet.

Check also Kia Carens CRDi. That's a soccer moms car with bigger wheels.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    You have answered your own question, but to paraphrase -- dealers have 0 incentive to stock spare parts for vehicles that hardly sell. It is up to you if you want to risk it.

That is also why you can find Innova parts and accessories everywhere.

For a growing family, there is a reason why the innova is everywhere, Toyota price premium or not.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    My best bet would be the innova G 2nd choice is the nissan livina on the second hand market. If brandnew i would suggest suzuki ertiga which have good reviews from current owners.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go get a second hand innova diesel or a fortuner diesel.
    mas mataas, mas malaki.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I am driving a Suzuki Ertiga (current model) and very satisfied with it. Great FC. I am a father of two (makulit) boys and when we usually go on trips, kasama si wifey and sometimes with in-laws.

I also like the Innova pero kulang sa budget. Nakita ko rin yung Mobilio but di pa sure kung dadalhin ng Honda dito nung time na yun. Spin, gwapo din but yun issue na stop na nga production and according to some, nabibitin din sa Kennon pa lang, what more sa Sungay Road.

Madami din issues with Ertiga but na-address naman ng Suzuki. You can join the ECP Facebook page for some discussion.

Senya na tsikot for plugging the FB page. Sana mag-evolve na rin tsikot na parang FB dating...

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    I am seriously considering the Suzuki Ertiga because of the price and value. 2nd is Innova because I may get a huge discount if I get the previous version and not the new one that is about to come out.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    innovize! brand new or pre-loved.
    huge discounts on the old...? marami na tayong mag-uunahan diyan..

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    I have just called a Toyota dealer and they have given me 60k discount.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I have just called a Toyota dealer and they have given me 60k discount.

tanungin nyo.. who pays for the LTO & the comprehensive insurance?
    and what freebies do you get?
    these casas.. masters of the switcheroo.. 60K discount, but buyer has to pay for the LTO and compre insurance.. 25K discount, but sagot na ng casa ang LTO and compre insurance..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast