New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    A friend is planning to get a budget mpv, and his choices have come down to these which he really likes:

spacewagon (local)

chariot (jdm spacewagon diesel)

mazda mpv (local)

Only concern with the spacewagon is fuel consumption(gas), that's why he's considiering the jdm version since it's a diesel, kaya lang converted. The Mazda has lots of features, is diesel-fed, but his concern is the parts availability.

Which would you choose?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    Which would you choose?
    None of the above.

My choice would be the Toyota Innova.

Why?

Read more at:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1542612

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    None of the above.

My choice would be the Toyota Innova.

Why?

Read more at:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1542612

ok sana talaga innova sir kayalang limited budget lang hence the title "budget mpvs" afaik spacewagons are priced between 150-220k while the mazda mpvs around 250k.

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about a ten year old Hyundai Starex? These goes for between P250K to P350K.

What is the budget limit anyway?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    How about a ten year old Hyundai Starex? These goes for between P250K to P350K.

What is the budget limit anyway?

Max budget is 250K. I think a 10 yr old Starex would be around 300k..for 250k the latest you'd get would be the 97-98 Starex, which I've read are problematic models

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Max budget is 250K. I think a 10 yr old Starex would be around 300k..for 250k the latest you'd get would be the 97-98 Starex, which I've read are problematic models
    The price posted in used car ads are always negotiable.

So P300K price posted is not the final price.

It might be worth a look given your other options aren't any better anyway.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The price posted in used car ads are always negotiable.

So P300K price posted is not the final price.

It might be worth a look given your other options aren't any better anyway.

come to think of it, wouldn't hurt to give it a try will advise him to add this to his options.

Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    A friend is planning to get a budget mpv, and his choices have come down to these which he really likes:

spacewagon (local)

chariot (jdm spacewagon diesel)

mazda mpv (local)

Only concern with the spacewagon is fuel consumption(gas), that's why he's considiering the jdm version since it's a diesel, kaya lang converted. The Mazda has lots of features, is diesel-fed, but his concern is the parts availability.

Which would you choose?

Thanks!
    Sir, kung parts availability eh marami sa Banawe. Ang engine nito ay WLT-31 kapareho sa ford ranger/everest.

Nag canvass ako surplus front bumper, rear bumper, hood, tailgate with glass, clearance light, radiator, condenser, auxillary fan, headlight and grill - almost 30K hindi pa ako tumatawad nyan.

HTH

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rmpmla View Post
    Sir, kung parts availability eh marami sa Banawe. Ang engine nito ay WLT-31 kapareho sa ford ranger/everest.

Nag canvass ako surplus front bumper, rear bumper, hood, tailgate with glass, clearance light, radiator, condenser, auxillary fan, headlight and grill - almost 30K hindi pa ako tumatawad nyan.

HTH

wow halos buong kotse na yan sir ah ok din pala, will advise my friend on this. how about consmption sir, kamusta, lalo na sa traffic?

Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    wow halos buong kotse na yan sir ah ok din pala, will advise my friend on this. how about consmption sir, kamusta, lalo na sa traffic?

Thanks!
    he he kung panel/parts lang eh hindi problema mukhang maraming surplus
    medyo mataas fuel consumption ko kasi mabigat paa ko sa accelerator pure city driving ay nagre-range ako from 6 to 8 KM/liter.
    Check mo yung MPV thread, mas fuel efficient yung mga MPV nung other members.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Budget mpvs