New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    how about kia carens?? mas maluwag and seats 7.. plus crdi pa with lots of torque.. pero kung decided ka na sa kotse go for the lancer EX

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi As to carens hindi po mahal siya para 850K n budget at problema is the resale value with KIA brand at moment....

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wag mo isipin ang resale, ang importante pag binili mo gustong gusto mo. After 5 years ang difference ng magandang resale value sa di magandang resale value siguro mga 50-70k, what is that compared to 5 years of driving your car with a wide grin in your face everytime you sit at the drivers seat. Now kung ang nagustuhan mo talaga deep in your heart is maganda resale value panalo ka.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thank sir oliver.... right now i am really torn between Altis G and Lancer Ex (GLX)... i already try altis its good comportable ako.... but the looks and pogi points of Lancer is hard to ignore and 2.0 engine..... Ano po advantge and disadvantge of between the two cars... as it will be my first car...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by red baron View Post
    Thank sir oliver.... right now i am really torn between Altis G and Lancer Ex (GLX)... i already try altis its good comportable ako.... but the looks and pogi points of Lancer is hard to ignore and 2.0 engine..... Ano po advantge and disadvantge of between the two cars... as it will be my first car...
    Pros - Lancer EX
    -good looks
    -good performance
    -comfortable ride
    -potential upgrades available (looks, performance & handling)
    -still have a look of luxury, even with the entry level model
    -safety equipment (airbags, abs, etc)
    -crash safety is rated five stars in Euro NCAP and five stars for US NHTSA.
    -simply changing the stock 16s wheels to 18s from the GTA model can improve looks 100% and firm up handling too. (16s with stock tires are comfy but they tend to be "squishy" and slightly "squirmy" when pushed hard. Note, this is my opinion.)
    -GLX model actually has more HP grade potential because of manual tranny (but would need upgrade clutch to handle major horsepower upgrade).

Cons - Lancer EX
    -smallish trunk as compared to others from the same class of cars.
    -entry level model (glx) lacks a few things (ex. rear stabilizer bar, front fog lamps)
    -rear end can slide a bit when pushed very fast and hard in a long curve (can be fixed by having either better tires or rear stabilizer bar added).
    -plastic dash not the best looker ... the wood trim is ugly. (solution: either paint or use CF sticker to hide ugly fuax wood dashboard trim)
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 24th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    might i recommend an alternative:
    the basic innova diesel costs 858K. it answers all your concerns. you can also brave floods with confidence, you can stuff your full-size bicycle in it, and its fuel economy is better than the cars' .
    to quote the overquoted: "hindi ka magsisisi."
    my 88 centavos' worth..

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Go get a second hand SUV.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My Lancer EX 2.0 GLS (when I still had it) gets the same city fuel economy as my Corolla GLi 1.6L.

Drive the Lancer EX lightly and let the engine's powerful torque carry you forward in heavy traffic and you will be rewarded with acceptable fuel economy figures.
    may we ask, why did you sell it after a relatively so short a time?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    may we ask, why did you sell it after a relatively so short a time?
    I didn't sell the car. I had an accident (caused by falling asleep at the wheel) where the car was considered totaled.

After the accident I considered buying another Lancer EX but I decided to buy the ASX (suv version of the Lancer) instead.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    My lancer ex mx will be three years old this coming november, aside from a glitch that happenned a few months ago, which was quickly remedied by mitsu valle...the car is great overall...performance, comfort and fuel consumption(surprisingly) went beyond my expectation. Honestly speaking I just got it because of the looks, back then it was really badass. Resale value? Checked the going rate at sulit, parang parepareho lang sila ng mga civic at altis give or take 30k-50k depende sa kondisyon na rin siguro.

Pero if its going to be your first car, at sigurista mode ka, get a toyota,its not that its bulletproof, actually it also has its share of glitches. Kaso mas madali i justify kung magkaron man ng problema, as a newbie you can just shrug your shoulders...toyota e.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Budget 800-850K Looking for brandnew car for everyday use