New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hindi mahirap,

Mahal.

Kasi diesel. Itanong mo muna kung ilang liters ng oil ang kailangan sa engine at kung Semi-Synthetic o Fully-Synthetic ang kailangan.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    is it more expensive to maintain the focus than the tucson na crdi?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Unlikely, I think mas mura parin maintenance ng Focus kaysa Tucson CRDi... Pero kung Theta II na Tucson baka mas mura pa yun than the Focus TDCi...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *tidus... sir... ano ang fuel consumption mo sa santa fe pag city? curious lang me... hehe...

would anyone recommend the focus? wala!!!! hehe.... mali ata gusto ko....

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Focus, Ford kasi yan eh. Pero ewan ko kung bakit may Explorer ako :hammer:

Tama si tidus, mas mura maintenance ng Focus sa Tucson CRDi R eVGT. Imagine 8 Liters of Fully-Synthetic oil.. Magkano yun diba.

FC ng Santa Fe siguro mga 7.5km/L sa traffic..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah mga 8km/L in the city...

The problem kasi sa Focus for me is the price. That's the problem of all diesel passenger cars. Sure its diesel pero you can get a lot more metal with it like the Navara as I mentioned. Some would even prefer a Lancer EX than a Focus maski gas yung Lancer...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i dont know with you guyz but i can say focus is the most unappreciated compact car around.

perhaps because of its brnad name.

if you look closer

focus have the most brutal engine compared to other compacts (lancer ex, civic, altis)

inspite of its strong engine, FC is exceptional and can even beat any subcompact cars when it comes to FC. We also have to keep in mind that Diesel is cheap in philipines compared to other countries where diesel is a lot expensive.

have the best transmission (DCT) which can only be found on high end vehicles such as EVO, STI, AUDIs etc.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    RWD, Turbodiesel, Sport Utility Truck Navarra for me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertp View Post
    focus have the most brutal engine compared to other compacts (lancer ex, civic, altis)

inspite of its strong engine, FC is exceptional and can even beat any subcompact cars when it comes to FC. We also have to keep in mind that Diesel is cheap in philipines compared to other countries where diesel is a lot expensive.

have the best transmission (DCT) which can only be found on high end vehicles such as EVO, STI, AUDIs etc.

I doubt if you have given the Ford Focus TDCi (hatchback) a test drive but a few minutes might change your mind on getting one.

True. It is brutal. The ride is brutal to anyone riding in it. The suspension is extremely stiff for a four door sedan. Driving over any road imperfections might leave you with with spinal damage.

Aside from that, the car is great to drive. The torquey turbo diesel engine matched with the dual clutch tranny makes it fun to drive through twisting roads. The only let-down is the ride quality. You can end up feeling tired after an hour over less than perfect roads.

Compared to that, the Mitsubishi Lancer EX rides smooth as silk with the smooth shifting CVT tranny and powerful 2.0L (155hp) engine. Spacious interior gives the passengers the legroom you might expect from cars like the Accord or Camry.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Wait for another week or 2, Mitsubishi ASX is about to be released locally. It has a gas engine though. Mitsubishi has been aggresive with the pricing of their products lately so let's wait and see.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
budget 1.2M