New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post

Pag umuulan, pwede mong balutin ung stuff that shouldn't get wet. Ganyan ang ginagawa namin sa sacks of rice. Or, put stacks of wood where you can place your stuff. Hindi naman nanggagaling ung water in between the aluminum bars but from the sides and drainage niya. So yung floor ng bed ang nababasa talaga.

Sa roller lid, if I recall, pumapasok ata ung tubig in between the bars kasi nung umulan noon, pati ung bags na on top of other bags, basang basa din.
    I had the same problem with my pickup before. I put a small plastic pallet on the floor to keep the stuff from getting wet.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hindi din pala advisable na maglagay my ganyan cover... Hindi nagtatagal tapos pag umuulan nababasa pa ang gamit sa loob.. It defeats the purpose of using roller lids....

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *glenn manikis: It depends on how you use your pickup, sir. Sa akin if ever we will buy another pick up, ganyan padin ang ipapalagay ko pero ung roll top kasi ayoko na ung roller lid.

Kasi pag hindi ko palagyan niyan, wala na akong pwedeng ilagay sa bed na kampante ako na hindi nanakawin let's say for example puno ang cabin and may dalang mga bags and na traffic sa may Araneta. Unlike pag meron niyan, tambak lang sa bed, pull the roll top, lock it, lock the door of the bed also, ayos na.

Pag meron naman mataas na kailangan ilagay like ung mga statues for the fiesta, tinatalian nalang or may umuupo sa likod.

Medyo challenging nga lang pag umulan pero ganyan talaga. But I find it better than with Campershells.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yung pick-up ng pinsan ko meron "roller" lid din. But she covers the top with a "tolda" para kahit umulan, hindi pumapasok ang tubig.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Sir Yebo,

My friend's hilux uses a foldable canvass cover. It has a metal frame but seals of the pickup bed firmly which eliminates the water getting inside. Good thing about it that it can be easily removed when you want to expose the bed, it doesn't take much space either. because the mounts it uses are under the lip of the upper portion of the pickup bed.

The best thing it didn't cost him more than 20k. I forgot to ask him what brand it was, but he came from those aluminum roller type covers which he came from because it rusted and wont open. Although I think he had it installed sometime early last year.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Advertisement muna

Personally, i won't use those rollers and covers in a pickup.. Aside from takaw-mata na may pag intresan sa naka lock sa bed, laging may tagas kelangan mo pa balutan ng trash bag gamit..

Sa pinas maparaan ang magnanakaw.. I've seen naka hardtop, nabuksan pa rin ang windows while moving..

I just don't leave any valuables, or kung may equipment na karga kelangan ibyahe, i cover it with tolda then wrap a tie-down rachet... It's a work/ farm truck for me and i don't plan putting luggages. Mas useful pa yung rollbar at ladder rack. Also, i put a 1/2" thick rubber matting para kapag hinahagis ang mga mabibigat sa bed hindi masira kaagad ang bed liner.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got the bt50 from the casa yesterday, 2pm na nung na-release, then punta pa sa gas station pina-full tank ng S.A. then diretso na ako sa Ride banawe. Yung pace edward ang kinuha ko although mas mahal. 31k yung p.e. na roll top, 28.5k yung ordinary without vinyl. Installation took 2 hours.

Kahit sa unang tingin di talaga magiging watertight, not with this design anyway. Pero ok na din, it is more for security. Magdadala na lang ako ng canvass bag for those things na di pwede mabasa. Dami nun sa divisoria yung may zipper.

now for the bt50.
    1. Rev happy ang engine and tranny. As what was said in the reviews of BOTH BT50 AND RANGER 3.2, it likes to stay in 2nd gear longer than one would like. Parang feeling mo you are on a bicycle going down hill and you are stuck on the lowest gear. Hopefully this will change as the tranny is suppose to be adaptive.
    2. Baliktad yung +/- sa manual mode ng tranny. Yung + e pakabig sa lever, - is patulak. Made the mistale several times already that i downshifted back to 2nd gear when what i wanted was 4th gear.
    3. Malakas hatak, but i have not tried it yet sa hiway. Frisco-roosevelt-congressional lang ako yesterday.

Nabinyagan na yung bed, my wife was waiting for me and diretso kami sa s&r nag grocery for us and for my mom (my wife looks after my mom's grocery and market choirs) kaya puno yung bed. The roll top cover does serve to make one feel secure na walang makakadampot ng gamit sa likod.

Wala na daw warranty pag pinaalis ko yung amber kilay ng headlight. Sa 1000km pm kukulitin ko sila kung headlight lang mawawalan ng warranty. May bt50 at mazda6 sa showroom magkatabi, e wala naman amber kilay yung headlight ng mazda6. Pati mx5 and mx9 walang amber kilay. yung pick up na dapat macho may amber kilay.

Konti lang choices for accessories. Yung rain gutter lahat meron chrome or silver part, e wala ako hilig sa chrome. Kahit nung may jeepney ako walang chrome so ngayon pa kaya. Malamang ito puro sa ebay ang bili ko.

Di ko pa tapos basahin ang manual. Hangang ngayon di ko pa din alam i-open fuel tank lid without using the key fob remote. pictures to follow later, punta kami sa subic. Hataw na.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    2. Baliktad yung +/- sa manual mode ng tranny. Yung + e pakabig sa lever, - is patulak. Made the mistale several times already that i downshifted back to 2nd gear when what i wanted was 4th gear.
    For me i prefer this set up, - is push, + is pull. If i recall, it was the BMW that had the same set-up before.

Sana may ganyang Valentine's Day gift din sa akin si Misis. :D Enjoy the new ride and happy trips!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Yes sir IMm29, my Dmax has the manual roll top from Ride Inc. The brand is Pace Edwards.

Back in 08, after getting my truck from the dealership, I brought it straight to Carryboy for them to spray the bed liner and that roller lid. I didn't really like that roller lid at first coz from my experience in PE roll top that was on my Mazda B2500, once it gets old, the part that rolls gets rusty and it will be very hard to retract. But I bit the bullet and went ahead thinking that since it's a new product, it might be different. I was wrong.

From the installation, it was problematic already. The key didn't work properly, the module always malfunctioned, etc.

That was around August of 08. After about 2.5 yrs, it suddenly got stuck and didn't wanna retract anymore. I called Carryboy and asked if they repair. They said that I should try to bring it to a shop somewhere in E. Rod. I am like, "why can't I just bring it there?" They said that they don't repair in their shop in Banawe. F*ck!

To my dismay, I went to Ride and had it dismantled and replaced it with Pace Edwards roll top.

3 yrs after, my PE roll top is getting problematic with retracting. Like what I have said, I have to remove the cover first, spray a lubricant and help it retract. But after that, it will be good again until the next car wash. But at least there is still a way to push and pull it even if it's like that unlike the roller lid.

Their common denominator is they are not water proof. So if it's raining so hard, don't put anything there that you don't wanna get wet.
    Ah I see. A friend was saying that although the water would not leak from the top, sometimes it would come in from the sides, so he put a rubber tray type matt in the bed. This would be to secure the stuff that should stay dry.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats yebo! Dumating na din. Bili ka na lang ng tray-type rubber mat for the bed para nakaangat yung gamit na di dapat mabasa.

Mazda's manu-matic tranny is really that way. I think it started out on the 3. It's opposite from how it is on the GS, but I think it's more intuitive when you pull on the shifter to upshift and push on it to downshift.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
BT50 vs Ranger Wildtrak vs Colorado (apples-apples-orange comparison)