New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hi ,

What's the difference in terms of engine HP and serviceability. Is it true that local Toyota dealers will absolutely not service a gray market land cruiser even if you offer to pay a registration fee? Toyota c5 told me that over the weekend.

Also, how's the third row leg room? Is it really a horror story back there? I didn't get a chance to see it as the dealer had no units on hand.

Also. Which units have the armrest in the 2nd row, I'm particular about this amenity.

Thanks for your help. Will buy one next month or this month.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i have a gray market lc. i got a vx+, not sure what the exact difference is on the engine compared to the local units since didn't really bother looking at the local units. anyway regarding toyota not servicing it, i'm sure this will depend on which dealer you go to, plus why would you even want toyota to service it? there are tons of reputable shops that could fix your car much better than casa.

3rd row legroom is bad, smaller than my explorer. i wasn't expecting it to be good though so that's fine for me, planning to remove the seats anyway.

if you decide to go with gray market let me know i can pm you where i got mine.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    For the price of the local unit which has KDSS already im inclined to go for local. The difference in the ride comfort is very noticeable. Grey units with KDSS are much expensive. Yun nga lang local units medyo mataas ung puwet nya

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yup, 3rd row is pretty bad. I'm small but by knees already touch the 2nd row backrest.

imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1395621391.517808.jpg

Pretty disappointing for such a big car, that its 3rd row is no better than a Fortuner's. That said, first and second row space is top notch, though the floor is still quite high so your knees are bent a little more compared to a CUV.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i have a gray market lc. i got a vx+, not sure what the exact difference is on the engine compared to the local units since didn't really bother looking at the local units. anyway regarding toyota not servicing it, i'm sure this will depend on which dealer you go to, plus why would you even want toyota to service it? there are tons of reputable shops that could fix your car much better than casa.

3rd row legroom is bad, smaller than my explorer. i wasn't expecting it to be good though so that's fine for me, planning to remove the seats anyway.

if you decide to go with gray market let me know i can pm you where i got mine.
    Which shops are you referring to? never went to third-party car shops before so this is a big deal for me. If you could name a few in the QC / Libis area that would be great.

I actually went to the car dealers along jupiter street / buendia last Friday to check their Landcruisers. 4.35M without Insurance or Warranty. I saw some in Sulit also for 4.25M Million no insurance or warranty as well.

kindly pM me where you got yours and at what price hehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    You mean the grey units dont have KDSS ?

Third row is a big deal for me as I have small kids who sit at the back sometimes. But they're growing LOL!

Am happy with my Ford Explorer / Trailblazer LTZ 3rd row leg room. But now I am worried after seeing your post about the 3rd row legroom. Its not a deal breaker for me as I have a minivan as well, but certainly it makes me wonder after spending more than P4M for such a big SUV.
    Last edited by EQAddict; March 24th, 2014 at 11:10 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yup, 3rd row is pretty bad. I'm small but by knees already touch the 2nd row backrest.

imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1395621391.517808.jpg

Pretty disappointing for such a big car, that its 3rd row is no better than a Fortuner's. That said, first and second row space is top notch, though the floor is still quite high so your knees are bent a little more compared to a CUV.

The 2nd row doesn't slide forward/backward? If that's the legroom, talagang bumawi lang sa lapad vs say Prado or Fortuner.

Do the gray market units have air suspension and/or ride height control? Kaya ba nakatuwad yung mga local units kasi wala nito?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    The 2nd row doesn't slide forward/backward? If that's the legroom, talagang bumawi lang sa lapad vs say Prado or Fortuner.

Do the gray market units have air suspension and/or ride height control? Kaya ba nakatuwad yung mga local units kasi wala nito?
    As far as I know, it's not moveable. I tried but couldn't find any levers to adjust the second row. Also didn't notice any air suspension switches.

Differences I noticed were the bigger 20" rims, in-car entertainment with headrest-mounted LCDs, body kit all over, refrigerated center armrest storage and lighter wood trim.

LC that I used was a 2014 Dubai VXR, cost roughly 4.2M:
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1395627703.698185.jpg

imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1395627977.356822.jpg

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    As far as I know, it's not moveable. I tried but couldn't find any levers to adjust the second row. Also didn't notice any air suspension switches.

Differences I noticed were the bigger 20" rims, in-car entertainment with headrest-mounted LCDs, body kit all over, refrigerated center armrest storage and lighter wood trim.

LC that I used was a 2014 Dubai VXR, cost roughly 4.2M:
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1395627703.698185.jpg

imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1395627977.356822.jpg

Must be like the Prado, back rest folds forward then seat tumbles. Ah, so the gray market units really just have a lower rear end/more flat stance vs the TMP units that have their butts higher in the air? I thought it was because of the air suspension that the stance was as such.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Must be like the Prado, back rest folds forward then seat tumbles. Ah, so the gray market units really just have a lower rear end/more flat stance vs the TMP units that have their butts higher in the air? I thought it was because of the air suspension that the stance was as such.
    My hunch is that the local units have stiffer coils compared to the highway-oriented Dubai units.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Local or gray market LC200