New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Different DRL locations. Which one comes with the smart no-more-fumbling-for-the-key-to-unlock-the-doors system?
    both of them comes standard with push start and keyless entry system.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Weirdly MI does not offer test drives for the BRZ on their website. Buti pa WRX STI.

Motor Image, Philippines - Subaru - About Us > Contact Us

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Weirdly MI does not offer test drives for the BRZ on their website. Buti pa WRX STI.

Motor Image, Philippines - Subaru - About Us > Contact Us
    go to MI, their website isn't accurate. they actually allow test drives on the BRZ but not the STi.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    I heard the local BRZ has heated seats
    I cant believe it either

Lets be honest, this is what youre paying for
    So, Subaru really is a premium brand here, at least, for most. I remember joining one group of friends and when a late comer arrived and step off from his Tribeca, everyone was like quipping "ooooh! He drive's a Subaru, big time!" something to that effect and it's not even because that's a Tribeca but solely because it's a Subaru.

Weird.

https://www.facebook.com/AutoEncorePhil

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I don't know about being a premium brand but after sales ng subaru is really great. Once naflood yung legacy pero hanging floor carpet lang, they did the cleaning at home for free and did not void any warranty. I mean try that with Toyota or Honda, void na lahat ng warranty. hehe

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    This is correct. There are buttons for this on the center console.

So to recap:

BRZ
    - Alcantara Leather Suede upholstery
    - Spare tire: Same Full size Alloy.
    - Heated front seats.

This is the spare on the red BRZ on display now at Subaru Greenhills:

The 86 has the same spare tire. In fact the trunk liner has Subaru stickers with product code and date.
    The BRZ has that perceived up market thing even in other countries. More so in the US; Scion vs Subaru.

Popularity may also be affecting Subaru maintenance reliability. I know of a Legacy owner who left his car for a check up and ended up with a total wreck.
    I'm very happy with the Toyota service and they can be as accommodating as Motor Image.
    MI was much better when they were relatively new because there were only a handful of owners. Regular change oil was only an hour * MI now it's at least 2 hours. This is about the same as Toyota.

Is the price difference worth the brand perception?
    Will you be happier with a Toyota or a Subaru?
    Hassle of getting one from Toyota compared to the ease of getting one from MI.
    I referred two friends to my a sales agent from Toyota Pasig. One got his 86 within a week. The other could not wait or did not ask so he got a BRZ.
    Both are very happy now.

Everybody (people who like this car) wins in the end. You get what you want or pay for.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The BRZ has different rear suspension tuning - it's tighter and more tied-down, dialed towards understeer. It's the car to get if you want a time-attack machine.

The 86/Scion FR-S is tuned looser at the rear, with oversteer more easily provoked. If you want to showboat and do opposite lock all day, this is your ride. Perhaps not the kind of car you want to be fooling around on a wet road, though, if you can't handle drifts or oversteer.

Writing for Motor Trend, professional race driver Randy Pobst did hot laps around the Streets of Willow Springs racetrack on both cars, as well as the "NC" Mazda MX-5, for a comparison article. Between the two Toyobaru twins, he preferred the BRZ. The Subaru clocked a lap about 3 seconds faster than the Scion/Toyota.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    The BRZ is more expensive and yet will suffer more in the resale value, that is you plan to resell this car.
    Ive read the history behind these 2 in wiki, BRZ is more tuned as a professional racing car according to Subaru. Maybe that's why its more expensive here.

Count 5 years from now, racing enthusiasts will definitely look for the Subaru .

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Well written article that highlight in details the difference bet. the BRZ vs.86

************ - Philippine Car News, Test Drives, and Prices: Review: 2013 Subaru BRZ A/T

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    370k difference wow...
    ok then since buyers of these cars wont be satisfied on being in stock form. 370 k can make 86 better in performance by swapping oem parts by premium aftermarket parts. coilovers, filters, exhaust, wider wheels set, sway bars, some aesthtics.

tho subaru badge more i like

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast