New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Stucked up po ako between Mazda 2 (sedan) and Suzuki Ciaz GL. Manual Transmission. Medyo napapaisip ako with Suzuki Ciaz. Pareho namng may pros and cons sya. Ngayon iniisip ko e ung mas makakabuti para sa first owner tulad ko.

I also think regarding the maintenance after 3yrs. Which one is much better?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by datuputi.jr View Post
    Stucked up po ako between Mazda 2 (sedan) and Suzuki Ciaz GL. Manual Transmission. Medyo napapaisip ako with Suzuki Ciaz. Pareho namng may pros and cons sya. Ngayon iniisip ko e ung mas makakabuti para sa first owner tulad ko.

I also think regarding the maintenance after 3yrs. Which one is much better?

Thanks in advance.
    Mazda 2 performs better. Ciaz looks more sophisticated and has more room. Up to you where your priorities lie. Check out both personally before you make a decision.

If you plan to have the car casa maintained, you may want to take advantage of Mazda's Yojin 3 free maintenance promo. At least that's 3 years of maintenance cost down.

If you want absolutely worry-free maintenance and parts availability for the whole life of the car though, better go for the mainstream brands. Honda or Toyota would be my top picks.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ An appliance car like the Honda City or Toyota Vios would be a good option if you want to go with the more popular models.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Oh but unlike the Vios, the Honda City is no appliance car... I've driven a base 2015 Honda Jazz CVT (no paddle shifters) and in terms of handling and performance, I am very, very impressed indeed! Hard plastics all around as expected in its class, yes, but all switchgear with consistently solid/quality feel to its operation. Not to mention lots of room.

Another advantage of the Honda is the 10tkms maintenance intervals.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    the mazda 2 is the best power/economy/value model on the market.
    that means, it has the best value for money when you take all 3 things into account.

Cost
    Fuel consumption
    Power at accessible RPM

And any other car which comes close to the figures of the mazda 2, would be a turbo, whose fuel consumption figures are misleading, due to the gentle acceleration requirements for the standard worldwide fuel consumption figures. If a turbo car is accelerated to the same power as a mazda 2 where it gets its economy figures from, it would be significantly worse on gasoline.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ The Honda 1.5L engine produces more power at 6k rpm than the Mazda 1.5L SkyActiv (120PS vs 108PS) but the Mazda 1.5L SkyActiv produces almost the same amount of torque at a lower rpm. Coupled with a lower curb weight, it makes the Mazda2 much more responsive to drive. You need to rev that small Honda engine to more than 4k rpm to make it feel more engaging.

If power and torque is a key consideration from a small car, then choose either from a Fiesta Ecoboost and Accent CRDi.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    At similar price point, Accent CRDi has no airbags and no ABS. If TS is willing to overlook that however, the fuel efficiency in relation to level of performance is simply out of this world...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Mazda 2 performs better. Ciaz looks more sophisticated and has more room. Up to you where your priorities lie. Check out both personally before you make a decision.

If you plan to have the car casa maintained, you may want to take advantage of Mazda's Yojin 3 free maintenance promo. At least that's 3 years of maintenance cost down.

If you want absolutely worry-free maintenance and parts availability for the whole life of the car though, better go for the mainstream brands. Honda or Toyota would be my top picks.

I do not want Toyota and i can't afford the Honda. Hehe. That's why i came up with Suzuki and Mazda. Mazda 2 is a good choice. But im planning to use the unit for long drive. So i am more concern to my passenger. Both are my priorities. Hehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by datuputi.jr View Post
    I do not want Toyota and i can't afford the Honda. Hehe. That's why i came up with Suzuki and Mazda. Mazda 2 is a good choice. But im planning to use the unit for long drive. So i am more concern to my passenger. Both are my priorities. Hehe
    Ah. Not considering slightly used?

The Mazda is nice, and any decent car will last long if you take good care of it. But visit one in the showroom first to see if it meets your needs.

If it was me though, I'd rather get a used 2017 City.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

Hindi na po kasama sa Yojin 3 ang Mazda 2.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast