New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hello! Looking to purchase an SUV that hopefully will last me at least 10 years. The only one that lasted me that long so far is a gas-fed BK pajero. Been checking out the explorer and the prado, but wary of explorer reliability and resale value. If I get the PPV ones, I might have to buy 2 in a span of 10 years or so. I have a 5yr old Monty and maybe it’s just me, but I feel max usage is 2-3 more years.

Space and comfort are priorities, and as usual reliability because I plan on using it for a long time (fingers crossed).

Thoughts?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Toyota Land Cruiser 300 ...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    If you'll get a ppv, then i suggest to wait for the upcoming 2021 mu-x. It's so much upscale compared to the outgoing model and the updated 4jj3 3.0 engine is big yet frugal.

If luxury suv, then go for the prado. A bit expensive for its what it is but perfectly sized and still cheaper than the bigger lc although a new model is also already in the horizon which may come out in 2023 locally.

However, this one is indent-order basis which means at least two or three months of waiting time unless there's a unit available. So do take note of that if this will be your choice.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I find the Prado overpriced compared to the Landcruiser big brother and Fortuner. Locally anyways and especially for the diesel model.

I would get the All new LC 300 (definitely my number 1 choice) . Even a 2nd hand LC200 should easily last you ten years and more!

A Nissan Patrol (if you dont mind petrol) or Ford Expedition are also other choices you may consider. Known also for their durability, capability, size and space.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If going full size, then it is a choice between the LC300 or Expedition or Patrol Royale. Gas or diesel won’t matter that much since buyers of such vehicles do have the money to spend for fuel.

If going midsize, there are a lot more options. It’s either you go with turbo gas-powered ones (Explorer or CX9 or Voltis), diesel unibody (Santa Fe or Sorento), the Prado J150, or the PPVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I find the Prado overpriced compared to the Landcruiser big brother and Fortuner. Locally anyways and especially for the diesel model.

I would get the All new LC 300 (definitely my number 1 choice) . Even a 2nd hand LC200 should easily last you ten years and more!

A Nissan Patrol (if you dont mind petrol) or Ford Expedition are also other choices you may consider. Known also for their durability, capability, size and space.

Yep, i wonder who will buy a 3.0l 160hp/410nm suv for four million these days. Buti nlng with the hilux/fortuner mid-update naisipan na ni tmpc to upgrade the prado with the same updated modern diesel engine. Ty atsuhiro okamoto-san.

Although still way overpriced, that 70k increase is not bad at all. Plus six-speeds na and for the keen ones, makikita nilang hindi kasing dami ng lc200 sa kalsada if they are conscious of that. But then again who will buy the diesel if the gas is more powerful between the two. Yung mga palagi sigurong nakatutok sa gas gauge hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    If past performance is indicative, there are 20+ year old Land Cruisers, Expeditions, and Patrols still on the road. Many have done lots of miles.

But the land cruiser is the obvious choice.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    If you'll get a ppv, then i suggest to wait for the upcoming 2021 mu-x. It's so much upscale compared to the outgoing model and the updated 4jj3 3.0 engine is big yet frugal.

If luxury suv, then go for the prado. A bit expensive for its what it is but perfectly sized and still cheaper than the bigger lc although a new model is also already in the horizon which may come out in 2023 locally.

However, this one is indent-order basis which means at least two or three months of waiting time unless there's a unit available. So do take note of that if this will be your choice.
    Thanks! Not sure I wanna go PPV… and the LC300 seems awesome but just a bit too expensive for me. The Prado has a new model coming out?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

I don’t mind petrol, but I’m thinking of retaining a 3.5M budget… looking at preloved units but overall not feeling getting a used LC200. I feel it’s too much money for a used unit, what do you think?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If going full size, then it is a choice between the LC300 or Expedition or Patrol Royale. Gas or diesel won’t matter that much since buyers of such vehicles do have the money to spend for fuel.

If going midsize, there are a lot more options. It’s either you go with turbo gas-powered ones (Explorer or CX9 or Voltis), diesel unibody (Santa Fe or Sorento), the Prado J150, or the PPVs.

CX9’s nice also… would you go for it over the explorer?

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast