New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Happy new year to all! I知 thinking about replacing our Grand Starex with a newer van, At first we have had our eyes set on the new Super Grandia Elite, but I rode an Alphard recently and really liked the ride and the toys inside however I知 not a fan of the current Gen Alphard, I like the previous model better looks wise, fuel consumption is not much of an issue either since its mainly a long distance cruiser and coding car.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Happy new year to all! I知 thinking about replacing our Grand Starex with a newer van, At first we have had our eyes set on the new Super Grandia Elite, but I rode an Alphard recently and really liked the ride and the toys inside however I知 not a fan of the current Gen Alphard, I like the previous model better looks wise, fuel consumption is not much of an issue either since its mainly a long distance cruiser and coding car.
    If you dont mind having a gas engine, challenging spare parts and being mistaken for a POGO employee (or driver) alphard ka na. Else, grandia.

Love the alphard. Yun gamit namin sa hong kong.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Go for the diesel. When fully loaded you're better off with the diesel.

Test drive the diesel maybe the suspension is ok for you.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for your inputs guys, another thing na ayaw ko sa Super Grandia sa ngayon eh yung mga sugapang dealers na pipilitin ka ng in house financing saka accessories na pagkamahal mahal

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Thanks for your inputs guys, another thing na ayaw ko sa Super Grandia sa ngayon eh yung mga sugapang dealers na pipilitin ka ng in house financing saka accessories na pagkamahal mahal
    It's a hot seller. These toyota sales reps are the worst of the worst kinds..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    It's a hot seller. These toyota sales reps are the worst of the worst kinds..
    It's not the salesman that's the problem - it's the system and the policy. Time and time again, when a hot selling model arrives, dealerships squeeze out the most by getting people to go in-house and buy a lot of dealer accessories.

This is because margins are generally low for car sales (~5% per car). Likewise, commissions of sales agents are also very low for vehicle sales alone. Dealerships make a killing out of financing and accessories, so salespeople also get higher incentives when they push for that.

It's natural for a capitalist business to maximize profits when they can. With demand higher than supply, the supply will always go to the one with the highest willingness to pay.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It's not the salesman that's the problem - it's the system and the policy. Time and time again, when a hot selling model arrives, dealerships squeeze out the most by getting people to go in-house and buy a lot of dealer accessories.

This is because margins are generally low for car sales (~5% per car). Likewise, commissions of sales agents are also very low for vehicle sales alone. Dealerships make a killing out of financing and accessories, so salespeople also get higher incentives when they push for that.

It's natural for a capitalist business to maximize profits when they can. With demand higher than supply, the supply will always go to the one with the highest willingness to pay.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    These asshats represent toyota. Fuk them and their shytty system.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I brought my family to toyora E Rodriguez a few days ago. We looked at the Super Grandia. And i happened to inquire about the Elite version. The manager told me i can only get moved up the proverbial list if i do two things:

1. Get in house financing (i was expecting this)
    2. Get a 2018 (yes 2018) Innova G.

LoL. i was actually shell shocked that they would think id pay an extra 1.5m to get a car i dont need to buy that version. Talk about gouging your custoners.......

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    If only grey market people have this. It would be better option

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    If only grey market people have this. It would be better option

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk
    Oras kasi ang kalaban... hintay lang at mawawala din ang hype nyan grandia.. like nung lumabas ang all new fortuner.. kay haba ng pila eh ngaun laki na ng discount..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast